R 2 D 4

What is your favorite all time recording? Why do you lke it so. Mine is NEIL YOUNG'S HARVEST This album puts me in a dream like state.It is so beautful and full of emotion.
david99
MoFi's gold cd, like at about 1 or 2 am of Dark Side of the Moon. I know, I've heard it on close and plays,on the radio, with headphones, ect., for ever, but after some (many) good Bass Pale Ales, this disc makes my Snell CV's come alive!!!
Two non-related additions, both of which came in the mail today. The Ataulfo Argenta LP box set on Alto is phenomenal!! I don't listen to classical that much but it doesn't get much better than this! DEAD QUIET vinyl, incredible detail and dynamics. I love analog! For you CD rock 'n' rollers from the '70s, the MoFi reissue extended version of the Who "Live at Leeds" is a MUST HAVE! It almost makes you want to roll a doobie (almost! ;-) Since MoFi is out of business, buy one NOW or DIE regretting it! I stole that saying from Fremer, that's what he said about the Argenta box set :-)
I have Live at Leeds on half speed aluminum (heh heh). I'll probably get both of those, as you suggest, Musikdok. My favorite Fremer saying is "lunching a stylus". I've never done it, but UPS did it for me once.
Argenta through Acoustic Sounds for $260 if still available (I got #43!). Live at Leeds at Elusive Disc for $35, same caveat.
Too much free time this AM! Here's a list of 10 LPs that YOU CAN FIND today (well, maybe not TODAY ;-) in a record shop, highly recommended for you analog junkies: 1) Neil Young - Tonight's the Night: Neil at his most stoned 2) Elliot Smith - XO: A modern day Neil Young/ Dylan influenced genius from Portland, Oregon 3) Beck - Mutations: Strange lyrics, but the best synthesis of musical styles since Zappa 4) Jayhawks - Tomorrow the Green Grass: Is it country? Kinda, but it's much more. 5) Johnny Cash - American Recordings: It's MONO and Phe-mono-mal. This man makes country COOL. 6) Bill Evans - At Montreux (Classic Records): A religious experience in Jazz Trio form 7) John Coltrane - Stellar Regions (Impulse): The epiphany of a dying genius 8) Ben Folds Five - The Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner - Just plain fun. He's like a pissed-off Billy Joel from Carolina 9) Otis Redding - Otis Blue: Mono, not as easy to find as the others. Repeat after me: I must find this record, I must find this record....... 10) SRV and Double Trouble - In Step: Need I say more?