Luxman 590axii with KEF Reference 1

Hi all

Im considering Getting a Luxman 590 axii  to go with my KEF reference 1. Am I kidding myself? On paper the Luxman doesn’t have anywhere near enough power to drive the KEFs, but I’ve read multiple reviews saying that the Luxman can drive difficult loads.
I was driving the KEFs with a Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP integrated. I loved the openness and width of the soundstage, but felt that the bass was somewhat uncontrolled. I just got a NAD M33 and feel that although the bass is better controlled, the sound overall is restrained and somewhat compressed compared to the Primaluna. 
So I’m considering the Luxman, hoping that it gives me the bass control of the M33 and the airiness and openness of the Primaluna.
What do you think?
dworkman
I’ve had the Luxman in my system for a couple of weeks now and it’s amazing. Punch, control and clarity. So much more of all that compared to my old PrimaLuna Dialog Premium HP. Highly recommended!
Yes, it's very good, the L-590AXII. It punches well above its price range and rival the uber-integrateds costing up to $20,000 or more.
Re. The Krell K-300i which was recommended earlier, I’m sure it is great but here is a comparison of the Krell to the Accuphase E650 taken from another forum, if anyone is interested.

I’ve just been home- trialling a Krell K-300i, kindly lent to me by the nice chaps at Guildford Audio. I was interested in it as a possible replacement for my Accuphase E-650 integrated amp, which is a great-sounding (and looking) device, but being not too nippy on my pins these days, getting up to physically switch the Accuphase over to direct amp input for A/V duties has become a bit of a nuisance. Also, the idea of a single box amp, pre, DAC, streamer with HDMI input appealed.

Being stuck indoors with nowt much else left to do, I’ve spent the better part of two days listening to various diverse recordings from different sources - Chord DAVE/Mscaler DAC, & LP12 turntable.

Anyway, I’ll cut to the chase; the Krell does sound pretty good, with a lively, exciting sound quality. But having now put the Accuphase back in my system there really is no contest to my ears, in my system: The Accuphase has a richness and depth that eludes the Krell, and there is a lack of harshness that shows even dodgy recordings at their best. There’s also a more detailed quality to bass notes and a lovely resonance that the Krell doesn’t capture.