What is the best DAC ever made?

Hello,

Just looking for some imput on high quality DAC's...I have owned a number over some time and have loved and lost them...Currently I am using the Classe DAC-1 to great pleasure...Just thought I would ask others what they thought!
bearotti

There is no best dac ever made.

I have an Accustic Arts Dac MK4 which I'm really enjoying connected with a Oracle 2000 transport, compared this dac with a Zanden and prefered the "AA" in my system but really could have lived with either.
Well I guess it suffices to say that there is no way to really judge a DAC as the best ever made...I guess it really has a lot to do with system synergy than with the actual piece. Thanks for all of your responses!!!
Well, over two years have passed since this thread's last post. Any new ideas, recommendations in the intervening years. I'm still using my Accustic Arts DAC MKIV - not sure it has been superceeded yet, but....
I've been listening to an Audio Note 4.1X Balanced (with an Esoteric P0s or Forsell Air Bearing transport) for awhile, now. Ascending the AN food chain would certainly be interesting...listening to a Zanden with accompanying transport would also be enjoyable.

Best,
Sam