Looking for a DAC under 2k

I'm using a Small Green Computer Optical Rendu to bring usb to a DAC.
Looking for a new DAC around 2k new or used.

Recently, I had a Border Patrol Se-i which sounded beautiful with a great soundstage and a relaxed sound. Unfortunately, dynamics and bass definition were weak.

Next up, I tried the ifi Pro iDSD. Detailed and clean, but lots and lots of settings to play with. Became noisy after a couple hours and eventually stopped putting out sound and went silent. Can't deal with that kind of poor quality, but really would have prefer a little warmer sound.

I borrowed my Chord Qutest from my headphone system. Very good with my tube headphone system, and not bad on the speaker system, but would like something a bit more analog sounding, like a Border Patrol with dynamic punch and clearly defined, not muddy bass.

TIA, for suggestions.

traudio
They don’t run production the way we do in the US. We have in process checks and inspections at most every step. They tend to run a product start to finish and check the results at the very end of the process.

You’re doubling down on a dubious stereotype, and I’m being charitable with my language. Many of the electronics that people rely on daily around the world (e.g. TVs, smartphones, etc.) are manufactured in China, and are obviously highly reliable.

To avoid buying a Chinese product that has received virtually nothing short of rave reviews (e.g. a Denafrips DAC) solely because it is Chinese is analogous to someone having avoided buying Japanese products in the 1970s based on a similarly anachronistic reputation.

Of course there are exceptions, as there are a huge number of companies that operate in China. But the one that we are discussing was incorporated in 2012, is a boutique operation (originally five employees; now 40-50), and has a worldwide sales and distribution agent (Alvin Chee) based in Singapore, who is exceptionally responsive to questions and/or problems with the products.

Denafrips describes its production process and materials used here:

https://www.denafrips.com/single-post/2020/06/26/who-are-we-denafrips-explained

To be clear, I don’t care if anyone buys products from them, even though I am quite happy with my Pontus. I am pressing the point simply because I think that any moderately serious research will reveal that the company is well run, and makes excellent products. The fact that they happen to be a Chinese company is, in my view, irrelevant.
whipsaw,
I’m just passing on my experiences, not stereotyping. I’m sure Denafrips is a fine product, especially if it’s a smaller company that’s not contracted to make products that aren’t their own. IOW it sounds like they have some skin in the game.
The companies I deal with are basically contractors that make products for several companies within the same product area.
Also, I like being able to either pick up the phone, get a response on their forum, or an e mail within a reasonable amount of time if I have a problem or question. 
One more thing before this goes off the rails.....I am only speaking of companies and how they are ran (anywhere).
I have nothing against any people or country. 
@traudio 

I understand what you are saying, and didn't mean to imply that you were being a racist. I simply thought that what you suggested in your first couple of posts seemed over-the-top, and too sweeping.

In many cases, all other things being roughly equal, I would likely purchase, say, a German manufactured product over a Chinese equivalent, and in a broad sense, it would arguably be the safer choice. But if a Chinese manufacturer has a proven track record, I would see no reason not to purchase its products.

Funny thing is, in my case, that I almost invariably buy used audio components, and have been doing so since the 1980s. This Denafrips DAC is literally the first major component that I have bought new in ~30 years. Part of my willingness to buy from a small Chinese manufacturer was the obvious care with which its representative (the aforementioned Alvin Chee) communicates with customers (both current and prospective). He can be found on various forums answering questions and concerns about the products, and, in contrast to some others, makes virtually no effort to (directly) push for sales. He is also very good at communicating privately via email, and this is the type of support that bolsters my confidence when I am considering a purchase.

I have no doubt that there are many good DACs from many companies to consider. Denefrips seems to offer a nice combination of quality and value, but I'm sure that there are American (or German, etc.) made DACs that are equally worthy of consideration.