Mojo Audio Mystique EVO

Mojo Audio updated their website yesterday with details on the next generation of the Mojo Mystique DAC, the Mystique EVO.

Unlike the V3, the EVO has upgrade options for component, isolation and shielding upgrades - at purchase or to be upgraded later.   The website states there are plans to release new boards for ethernet/roon, and other dac chips like the PCM63.

I pre-ordered an EVO in late February with a few upgrades.  I'm expected to receive it in 1-2 weeks, and I'll post my impressions after some time with it.  I currently have the Mystique V3 and I find it fantastic.  Really looking forward to hearing Ben's next iteration.

veroguy
@thaluza , congrats on receiving your EVO, and I am glad you like the sound. Keep sharing what you are hearing. I am still looking forward to seeing my unit get here. I understand they have had some parts delays. I hope the popping sound from your unit resolves. That would be unacceptable for gear at this level. I have never heard anything like that from my Mystic v3 so I hope you figure out it is something other than the DAC.
I have been looking at servers to update my Antipodes DX3 and Mojo’s Deja Vu EVO is for sure on my list but I am going to wait until my DAC gets here before I start down that road.
Thanks mitch2. Tonight, my EVO is presenting an even more holographic soundstage. I am really enjoying it. I think I found the problem with the pops and ticks. My usb cable is heavy and somewhat inflexible. It was not making a good connection with the "floating" usb connector on the back of the EVO. I tried another cable and it seems all is well. Hope you get your EVO soon.. 
My EVO B4B is en route from Mojo Audio right now.  I had the opamps upgraded from Sparkos to the current Staccatos they use today in the '21 version. I'll post my impressions soon.

FWIW, I feed the EVO from a DCS Network Bridge using AES - BlackCat Digit 110 cable.
I have 150+ hours on my B4B now, upgrades included the class A output and SPDIF analog section upgrade (both standard on B4B21).  I'm comparing it to a Luxman D08u, streaming through a Lumin U1.  The Luxman is a very smooth and 'analogue' CD player (and DAC) but also great detail with refined highs.  Out of the box they were pretty close, which surprised me, having tried the Mystique V2x last year, which was muddy initially and took a week or so break-in for the treble detail to catch up to the Luxman.  After 150 hours now the Mojo has more saturated colors than the Luxman and a bit more 3D soundstage.  More musical and dynamic overall, and I'd say the sound is sweeter than the Lux.  I see what some have said about being able to turn it up, it is smooth but not lacking in detail at the same time.  I'm looking forward to what further break-in may bring.  System is Luxman separates and Harbeth 40.2 with Nordost cabling.
Looking at the website I'm finding it impossible to tell the difference between the levels. I believe that should be better clarified, or even explained to those of us who aren't engineers of any kind what some of these upgrades really mean ...