Too much Yo-Yo Ma?

Social Media recently lit up with a story of Yo Yo Ma playing at a vaccine clinic.  By all accounts he is a super nice guy and an accomplished musician, but is it possible I got too much of his recordings?  I now hear him playing and it's like hearing Tori Amos, in the sense that you just know it's him.  His signature style seems thick and immutable.  Is that really his style of playing, or his cello?  Do I need to listen to more recent recordings to change my mind?

And if you need a break from the fine gentleman, who are other cellists you might recommend?

Best,

Erik
erik_squires
I third Jaqueline, followed by Fournier, Starker, and Rostropovich.  Would add Casals and his classic recordings.

As for Ma, I do like the emotion and intonation he adds to his playing; I keep coming back to his Bach solo #2 1983 recording on CD.  I would not mind to hear him live (and really wish I was getting my vaccine when he was in the hospital :-) ).
Hold on - Jordi Savall.  Just listened to a couple of online tracks.  I'm now on the hunt for his works; thanks for the recommendation!
Savall is great...

I listen to him much.... But it is very different than cello....
Try Miklos Perényi, one of Hungary‘s better kept secrets. There are some wonderful recordings with Andras Schiff on piano
btw, I do rate Yo Yo Ma‘s Bach solo suite as well as his Beethoven and Brahms with Emmanuel Ax