The Absolute Sound vs Pleasing Sound

I have changed my mind about this over the years. The absolute sound (closest to real live music) just can't be accomplished even though I have heard some spectacular systems that get close on some music. So years ago I changed my system to give me the sound I wanted. I'm much happier now and all my music collection can be enjoyed for what it is: Recorded music.  
128x128russ69
You gotta love Mahgister. Literally makes up his own definition for timbre, then gets all upset when someone else does not use the definition he made up. Then to support his argument, he pulls up a quote that does not recognize the current, generally agreed upon definition of timbre. Then again gets upset that his made up definition does not match that one. However, that is my fault.
You accuse me of what you are at fault...

I extract the standard definition of bias from wikipedia...

This deefinition explicitly characterise "bias" to be innate and/or learned...

You said the opposite...Bias are never learned in your post...

This is important because the definition of what is a "bias" is the key to define scientifically the range of the blind test methodology...

You are in total bad faith.... And any reader here of your posts can verify what i just said...
But maybe best of all, reads a few papers, and is now "the expert" on acoustics, human hearing, and human perception. My illustration, this time, is the repeated reference to a paper on "law of the first wave front", which is of course not at all a law in the scientific sense, and is really just a perceptual hypothesis rather elementary in its position, but also, as being used by Mahgister, totally ignores the realities of sound reproduction by stereo speakers.
You are right in saying that in the very specific sense this law of the first wavefront is an experimental perception hypothesis for sure but all acoustician call it a "law" ....Then reproaching me to use this naming is like usual resorting to your bad faith tactic in discussion...

Then accusing me of using the concept of law by ignorance dont work in this case and is only an occasion to use ANY argument against my argument ... Sorry...

For sure you resort to "lying" and authority argument, like saying SOMETHING about me i never said, i aknowledge all you said for being true about "imaging" for example but HALF TRUTH....You definition of imaging is uncomplete...

This is what i wrote in my post:

«" imaging" is FIRST : timing + the law of the first wavefront.. (acoustic)
After that you can speak of timing+volume ...(engineering)
missing this point is complete reversal and misunderstanding of the phenomena...
Acoustic neurophysiology is FIRST, recording engineering come in second for the complete explanation....»

You know more than me in many aspects of audio, nobody can contradict that, especially not me, but you dont understand some basic facts, in acoustic and science methodology, and this is reflected in your agenda against all audiophiles here... Anybody can read your posts.... And verify....But like anyone who take pleasure to bash people you dont feel any shame..

For the "timbre experience" my concept come from two recent books of science and in my discussion with you about this, i was with a experienced pro. musician frogman, that confirmed my point of view and you called him a liar... Then any reader of these posts can verify all that...

I am ignorant, you are right about that, but me, i try to understand ...

You dont need to understand yourself, you know already and dont accept any contradiction even if you were blatently wrong... and you go on insulting all audiophiles for being idiots from the beginning...

cleeds,

"No, what you’re arguing for isn’t an auditory test, although that’s a common misnomer. Auditory tests are conducted by audiologists."

If going for minutia of names, I think you are talking about audiometric testing.

It happens that it is also an auditory testing just like anything that involves listening/hearing is auditory. For example, auditory hallucinations.
I'm reading 4 pages of analysis paralysis while way in the background, from another room, at fairly low volume my Walsh 4's are filling the air with Leonard Cohen's 'Suzanne'.  Hell, that's pleasing, it's emotionally involving.  Learn to enjoy the simple things in life.