Horn speakers , high efficiency but not “shouty”

I am interested in a high efficiency horn with SET AMPS, in a 12 ft by 18 ft room. 9 ft ceiling .
I have narrowed my choices down to Charney audio Excalibur http://charneyaudio.com/the-companion-excalibur.html
and rethm maarga v2
https://www.google.com/amp/s/audiobacon.net/2019/04/18/rethm-maarga-v2-loudspeakers-listening-sessio...
would appreciate input from any one who has heard the above speakers or someone who has a similar system . 
listening choices are vocal music , no classical music.
Very rarely might want my system to play loud party music .(extremely rare ) does not have to play it like solid state system. Thanks in advance 

newtoncr
@daledeee1 --

I personally like immediacy, dynamics, clear, effortless sound. Set up properly, horns are quite smooth and relaxing to listen to.

Indeed, completely agree. Good horn-loaded speakers are both uninhibitedly present and relaxed sounding. There’s this effortless, liquid flow to the music, even.

Are people saying shouty meaning forward?

In my book "shouty" would/should be a way to address the sonic outcome of horn modes that obtrusively sticks out in a particular frequency band, typically perhaps in the upper midrange for the, at least to some ears, worst effect. There are quite a few horns though that avoid these modes in most of their band, so I can only assume the more or less consistent impression of horns sounding "shouty," to whom this may concern, is being at odds with the characteristics of a horn qua horn, which is to say a sound with a higher ratio of direct vs. reflected sound compared to, perhaps paradoxically by name, direct radiating speakers. Horn speakers as acoustic transformers with their narrower and more controlled dispersion effectively aims the sound at the listener more prominently, and thus the more direct, vivid, present and visceral sonic imprinting this usually leads to, no doubt aided by the use of highly efficient compression drivers, may strike some as a shouty character.
+1 to phusis......Also, as far as " shouty " is concerned, we are not just listening to the speakers. Associated equipment, the room, the speaker / listener relationship, and let us not forget the recordings, can all make a good horn system seem shouty ( example : a Crown IC 150 / DC300 combo feeding Altec 19s or a pair of my klipsch Lascala ). My experience, when this happens, it is exposing weaknesses elsewhere, and / or a lack of synergy within the whole. Just as the character who only likes the Maggies ( he is a joke, imo ), not everyone can listen to live, unamplfied music, close up, as their ears are sensitive to this, and horns do resemble this more than other designs. Not everyone likes horns, but imo and ime, it is the closest to live ( as I described above, not like a Madison Square Garden event ). Be well all, and enjoy.
have a look at the Polish hORNS speakers, I've owned the Mummies for a few years and upgraded recently to the Symphony 13.
My experience, using the older Avantgarde Duo, which could sound great or terrible depending on set up, was that the associated equipment upstream could make or break the results. The synergy with the Lamm ML2 is a known relationship-- I'm not advocating amp or speaker, but together they bring more than the sum of their parts. As I changed out gear gradually to what is currently in use in my system, added subs and readjusted the integrated woofers to more closely align with the mid horn, changed cartridges to something that delivers more deep bass, the overall quality of the presentation has improved. It's not just the speaker. My puzzlement now, much as I love the character of the original Lamm SET, is to find a set of speakers that will eventually replace the Duo but can still work with the Lamm at a meager 18 watts/channel. 
I'm have been using Altec 604e since 2005.
I used Mordaunt Short, Dynaudio and Spendor 2/3 before.  
Horn and compression drivers are much more sensitive to equipment issues.
For example, I have 300B amplifier with 6f6 driver. When I started to use it Spendor sounded smooth but Altec sounded harsh with it. The reason was cheap 6f6 tubes. When I changed them to good Mulard 6f6g all harshness is gone.
Since that time I did a lot of tweaks in my electronics. And I can tell Altecs with compression drivers horns can sound smooth and refined. The quality of vocal reproduction is better then most speakers I listened on other systems included audio show.
And in addition you get a real, uncompressed dynamics, huge soundstage, live energy, realistic bass and other unachievable by low sensitive speakers.