revel Salon 2 seating distance

So I am getting a new room to put my system in, about 35 x 19'. I currently have 2 Salon 2's for R/L and 3 Studio 2's for C/SR/SL. I may try and get a 3rd Salon 2 for the center, but that is not my question at this point.

Given the tweeter height of the Salon 2's, I am wondering what people have found the optimum distance for sitting from the speakers, and also how far you have the back of the speaker from the front wall. Obviously I have a lot of room to play with now (!)

I would like to position the speakers, and then make decision about what I am going to do about a display. I currently use a 60" Kuro, but may move to a projector setup.
diw
Generally, nearfield listening (8 ft.) is preferable with speakers because it minimizes the deleterious effects of room reflections. This is somewhat less important with Salons due to their sophisticated power response, but still important. I know people who have listened to the original Salons at 5.5 ft. (the drivers integrate quite quickly). I used my Salon 1's at 8 ft. and I have no reason to believe that the Salon 2's would be different.
I have my Salon 2s spread 10 feet wide and sit about 9 feet back (they are currently close to the back wall, but will be moved out into the room fairly soon). As I am sure you've already discovered, the Salon 2's tweeter dispersion is absolutely outstanding and the sound in less-sweet spots deeper into the room is still quite good.

BTW, I'm a Kuro guy too: KRP-600M and 5080 in the main house, and a KRP-500M in the summer house. Great displays!
THe Salon 2s are much taller speakers than the Original Salons I believe. I am aware that the tweeter is quite good off axis, but there should be a limit on the angle below tweeter axis which would be optimal. Hence my question. Also in my current room stage depth is less than I would like I think because they are to close to the front wall, which is why I was curious about where people have them positioned. If in thenew room I have them 5 feet out from the wall instead of 2 or 3, and I sit back 10 or 12 feet instead of 8 or 9, clearly I will end up being too far back from a 60inch display, so despite how wonderful it is , I may have to go in a different direction.
Judging from your question in the comments following Robert Harley's review of the Salon 2s, I'm guessing you haven't grown any in the interim and that you still haven't fully resolved your vertical axis response concerns to your satisfaction. :)

I will say that while auditioning for the speakers that eventually became my Salon 2 purchase, I listened to a pair of Legacy Focus SE that sounded quite nice when seated in the sweet spot. They then lost 50% or more of their high end response when I simply stood up - so your concerns certainly have merit in general. I have not noticed any such phenomenon with the Salon 2s, but neither have I done any detailed listening to them at various heights and/or distances to ascertain any differences in tweeter output.

There are a couple of reviews out there discussing the Salon 2s off-axis tweeter response, but I assume these are along the horizontal axis. Stereophile measured response as essentially flat at +/- 10 degrees (albeit at a distance of only 50 inches), while Sound and Vision reported tweeter response with only a -3 db loss at +/-30 degrees. Given that the tweeter wave guide is not round but rather oval, I don't know how to extrapolate the horizontal results to the vertical. You might find it interesting that the Sound and Vision reviewer moved them out only 3' from the front wall, not 5'.

SoundStage Network did in fact measure the Salon 2's up and down axis response...and then averaged those results with horizontal axis and directly-aimed response and only published the average. Maybe you could contact them for the stats.

My pair are spread 11' apart. My listening spot is 10' out from the center of a line between the speakers, with the speakers spread just slightly wide so that they are pointed at a spot about 2' behind me. This sets up a wide soundstage in my room but is outside the ideal nearfield distance Raquel describes.

For the purposes of your inquiry, I assume you want to be within 12' of your display (or closer if possible). Tomorrow I'll move them a little closer together and out into the room and from there into various positions to see if there's any change in what I perceive the tweeter response to be in the different locations, and then report back.
My Salon's are at nine and a half feet, set into an 83% triangle. Although I've found this to be optimal they really sound good at any distance.