Wich high end CD palyer?

I want to buy a new CD palyer to replace my Meridian G 08, I already tested the Meridian 808,wich I found excellent.

I would like to receive suggestions about what else I should listen to.

The budget is up to 12.000 euros ($ 14 K), even if I could go higer in case it is worthwhile.

I live in Europe then we should stick to products available here.

Thank you
ccereda
Ccereda, at the moment I'm writing this response I'm listening to my system with an Ensemble transport and the Accustic Arts DAC1 MK3 as the digital front end.

I believe that if you go to a thread I started entitled: Reference DACS/ An overall perspective, it will give you good information regarding the different "flavors" of DACS and CDPS. I have auditioned CDPS from both Ensemble and Accustic Arts, along with Reimyo and non-upsampling players, and many are really terrific, but do offer different perspective on the music event.

That's way personnal taste and system synergy mandate home auditions if possible to find what's best for your ears'. I think the Ensemble CDP offers some of the best sound on redbook cd and can be gotten, at least here in the U.S. because of problems with having an importer, for around $4000.00 American dollars, which I think is a great deal.
I am very happy with the EMM labs DCC2/CDSD combo. Might be a tad over budget, but you could do without a preamp...
ccreda:
sorry about the $40k analogy--it was a generalization, not directed specifically at you. i just think the markup on electronics is way too high, and resale values tend to prove me right in general. yes, there are some really excellent recordings and studios out there. i was just soliciting commentary on the reasons for spending lots of money on equipment. best of luck with the player.

ejlif:
the fact that you resort to 6th grade name calling shows your intelligence level.
Mark-ups on Audio equipment are NOT all that high. That is crap propogated by cheapskates who refuse to buy new equipment or to pay Retail or anything close to it based on their erroneous assumption that mark-ups are "high".
You pay much higher relative prices on the clothing you wear and the food you eat every day.
Ccereda,

I'm surprised that if you can afford -- not just pay for -- a $14K CD player you don't just fly to NYC and buy whatever you want. Why limit yourself to european avaiability? I assume you're independently wealthy with no need to work, so taking the time to visit the Manhatten showrooms to listen would be the best way to go.

db