The Absolute Sound vs Pleasing Sound

I have changed my mind about this over the years. The absolute sound (closest to real live music) just can't be accomplished even though I have heard some spectacular systems that get close on some music. So years ago I changed my system to give me the sound I wanted. I'm much happier now and all my music collection can be enjoyed for what it is: Recorded music.  
128x128russ69
larsman
Not going to get it to sound like 'real live music' because you have no idea what the circumstances are under which it was recorded, what the mic placement was, how it was mixed, etc ...
You can have a fairly good idea if you make your own recordings.
Post removed 
You are just making excuses for your vastly wrong statement

Logic only knows wrong statements, "vastly wrong" pertain to rhetoric inflation...Sorry.... 😊

No discussion could go anywhere if someone does not distinguish natural timbre perception from a street musician for example and the noise or distorsion necessarily added from microphone choices and location trade-off to speakers, with in between these two, all other electronical additions and choices trade-off or distortion of the lived event from the recording and mixing itself ....

And we must also distinguish this original timbre event ultimately from the way and settings of our own room acoustic and electrical noise floor and mechanical gear constraints that will inhibit and/or make easier by a trade-off of their own also, a "recreation" with only a relative truth value in relation with the original timbre perception of this same recorded event....

It is the reason why acoustic settings and controls of the room of the listener plays a so great role in the recreation of the timbre "envelope" in his own way, without never duplicating the original timbre "envelope" ....It is not only the analog or digital source which play a major role, but the room acoustic is the last judge and jury at the same time and at the end of this recreation process...

It is why naturalness of musical timbre perception in the listener room is the benchmark test for any audio system and any acoustical recording of a single instrument....The piano for example....And this test perception will vary with each person, house, and gear....It is never a reproduction in the absolute sense it is a recreation....

Not only any musician know this, like non musician can or could, but they feel it in a more stronger way, unlike you and me.....Especially in the listening experience born with their own instrument....

Then arguing with a musician about "timbre" complex experience and concept is not wise....

«Even God cannot argue with Bach about contrapuntal logic, but my wife did it many times»-Groucho Marx