If you had access to a time machine, what concerts would you go back to see?

2020 was the first year of my adult life that I did not attend any concerts. I'm sure that I'm not alone in this unfortunate situation. So, this got me thinking about both the concerts that I "missed" (could've gone, but something went wrong) or concerts I "wished I'd had the chance to see."

Plus, I thought this would be a good bookend to the ongoing (and excellent) thread about "the worst concert you ever saw."

mitchagain
Hawkwind at the Treorgy Tree Festival, 1988.
I didn't attend because of personal factors. They played all of my favourites, including Assault and Battery and others from Warrior on the Edge of Time.

Alternatively the Stax revue that toured England in 1967, and played in West Hampstead at a dive known as Kook's Clique. It was a revelation for both artists and audience; Otis Reading, Sam and Dave, Booker T were the house band, and they had only played segregated venues in the US before.
 Years later they would say
"Play it like we played in London"

Also my parents were there, two years before i came along,  so that gig is part of our family story
@kingbr, great point about catching a band early in their career, before they go mainstream and sell out (assuming they even get that opportunity). Not to mention having to deal with the trendster - wannabe, "Johnny come lately" fans that show up once the band becomes mainstream.
@sgreg1, you make two good points:

1) "SRV, so I could tell him not to get on the helicopter!"

Now that's the kind of creative response that I've been looking for in this thread!!

2) "I was there...but, I didn't have the opportunity to remember the music."

The first time I wrote down a setlist was on Springsteen's "The River" tour in 1980. I knew that he would play for 3 1/2 - 4 hours, so I figured that was the best way I could remember the show.

A few years ago, I discovered the website: "SETLIST.FM." This is a very helpful site, as I have found setlist's posted from shows that I saw all the way back to the 1970's!
1913 Paris, France for the premier of "The Rite Of Spring". 

Early 1930s Mississippi -- I'd track down performances by Charley Patton, Robert Johnson and Henry Sloan.

11/7/40 -- the Crystal Ballroom in Fargo, ND to see the Duke Ellington Orchestra.  That's the band with Ben Webster, Johnny Hodges and Jimmy Blanton.

1972 -- Stan Getz "Captain Marvel" band featuring Chick Corea, Stanley Clarke, Airto Moreira and Tony Williams.
Queen in 1978.   My first concert ever, and my only time seeing Queen.

The Who in 1979.  My first Who concert.  Too bad Keith Moon had already passed away then.  I have seen them at least 6 or 7 times since.   Still my all time favorite band.  I even ran into Pete Townshend in a 5th Avenue shop in NYC back in the late 90's.  I asked for his autograph, and then he started striking up a conversation with me.  It was so unexpected that I almost got on my knees and bow to him screaming "I'm not worthy!".