Audio Technica AT7V cartridge stylus replacement and/or swap

Hi out there,

I've needing to replace the stylus on my cartridge, an Audio-Technica AT7V. I like this cartridge quite a bit, it's been a good mate in my system and am overall happy with it. It's like no muss no fuss, just sounds good. I have heard some accounts of people swapping in different AT styli onto this body an am curious about trying that out.

Specifically, I'm wondering how a compatible line contact/microline stylus or Shibata might change my sound? Do these types of styli have improvements in surface noise over my AT7V elliptical? If anything, that's my one big complaint, but I've often understood that to be more a problem of the individual vinyl pressing. Ive been noticing some sibilance recently, but have kind of chalked that up to my stylus being on its last legs. 

Considering the LP Gear ATN152MLP, or something like the AT150sa? Or possibly even a whole new cart like the VM540ML (though I think this stylus might also be swappable onto the AT7V body...).

This is going on a Music Hall MMF5. I have a Forte F40 preamp, so have selectable loading and gain on the phono-pre. rest of the signal path is a Monarchy SM-70 and Totem Arro speakers. 

p_oto
If it sounds bad and is on its "last legs", you are damaging your vinyl. Are you cleaning your records? If not, buy a SpinClean and a few gallons of distilled water. 
The VM540ML is a decent replacement. 
I agree, VM540ML a very good choice

https://www.audio-technica.com/en-us/cartridges/line-series/vm-series/vm540ml

The advanced stylus shapes have definite audible advantages, however, know that proper alignment is very important, AND, clean LP's, as the stylus goes deeper into the groove.

OK, I am maybe exaggerating. It seems fine, its just definitely at its expected life cycle. And I do clean records, though just by hand and not with a fancy device. But thanks for the input on the VM540ML. Its about 100 bucks more than just getting the stylus for the AT7V, so will think on that if that's a jump I wanna make. And good to know that those stylus shapes require super proper alignment. I’ve always mounted myself, but something to consider....
Post removed 
Dear @p_oto  :  I think that you already have the best option that's a sensible up-date over your today beloved AT7V and is that AT 150sa stylus replacement.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.