How do I play YouTube music from my IMac thru my Conrad-Johnson amps?

Hi guys and gals... How do I make this work?  I’m asking you knowledgeable people here rather than going to my local Hi-Fi shop where they will try to sell me more expensive gear to make this work.  I invested more than $20,000 on my system about 15 ago and I really don’t want to spend $1000’s more if I don’t have to.  I just want to be able to play all the great music from YouTube thru my great amps and speakers.  I’m tired of most of my CD’s and my Sim Audio CD player quit working several years ago and they tell me it needs a new transport so my expensive system has been sitting idol for years and is just taking up space in my tiny downtown apartment. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance :). Gordon
128x128doug714
I use the Qobuz app on my laptop to a Fiio Q5 USB DAC, then mini jack to RCA to my PL integrated.  Sounds great to me.  If I feel like working for my music, my turntable is also connected.
WOW I’m dizzy from just reading your post as I don’t understand the lingo ;) But I do appreciate your attempt to assist me. How about the NAD DAC2? Would that be a possibly better alternative for me to stream YouTube music thru my C-J amps and Focal Micro Utopia Be speakers?  Does anyone have experience or an opinion on that NAD DAC2??  Thanks buddies :)
@doug714  - Gordon? I'll translate for you:

"I use the Qobuz app (A subscription music streaming service) on my laptop (his PC, same as your iMAC) to a Fiio Q5 USB DAC (A DAC with a USB input connection), then mini jack to RCA (3.5mm mini connector on one end, standard RCA interconnects on the other end) to my PL (Prima Luna Audio) integrated (Tube integrated amp). Sounds great to me. If I feel like working for my music, my turntable is also connected.

Regarding the NAD Dac2, it's just a DAC, but it is wireless. It uses a 2 piece hardware setup, wireless transmitter with USB input on the source end and a DAC with a wireless receiver on the other end. It's just a DAC, but the connection from the iMAC to stereo system would be wireless, instead of using a USB cable between the two. Seems you would still need a USB cable to connect from the iMAC to the transmitter and you will still need interconnect cables from the DAC/receiver to your stereo system. Could be a good solution if your iMAC is not located close to your stereo system hardware. I've never seen/heard the NAD, so I can't comment on the sound quality.

Lastly, I would be remiss if I did not mention that you are selling yourself short regarding using YouTube as your source for music. YouTube is an awesome app, but sound quality is likely compromised and you are at the mercy of whomever uploaded your music selection regarding the sound quality. You have EXCELLENT speakers and amps. I've heard your speakers on a few occasions and they are fantastic. A subscription streaming music service, like Qobuz, Tidal or possibly the "soon to be" HiFi version of Spotify will provide better sound quality and a better dedicated music focused user interface.
Hey reubent~ Yes it’s Gordon.  Douglas is my middle name and what most people call me at work. (It’s a long story ;)
Cool and helpful info as usual. I already pay for YouTube Premium so that’s why I use that for my music. But I’m gonna check out Spotify. Or which one would you recommend for me?  Which one would be best for my setup using the MODI3?
I always add714 to my name. It’s a reference to the original Quaaludes and I used to enjoy those as often as possible back in the day :)