Recommend a dac that contributes to system for tight bass

I am not a bass fiend just would like a dac that has pleasing tight moderately deep bass.  I have pass labs monoblocks so amp not an issue....don't really want tube dac....

I know room and acoustics and system synergy play crucial role but have found some dacs excel at transparency like chord and other sound a bit flat like oppo....marantz is slightly warm exc prat but bass is bit light....

Thanks in advance.....

128x128karmapolice

Change an engine because it doesn’t sound right.. See how funny that sounds. Change the muffler?

Something else is wrong like, get a tone control, and don’t compare analog to digital, ya can’t. One you will like, and one is better, not the same thing...

I slam the front door and the windows rattle, change the windows? LOL

Mercy

Good one, oldhvymec!

I think when the windows rattle when you slam the front door you should change the house. LOL.

Maybe it’s because it’s attached to site whose sole purpose is buying and selling audio gear, but the Audiogon forums are where myths about audio prevail and if you contest them you’re accused of not being a good enough listener (the Golden Ears argument) or of being to poor to afford the gear that “really makes a difference” (the wallet argument).

No one who has ever measured the output, SNR, etc. of a DAC has ever demonstrated that one DAC has more bass output than another. The only “proof” ever given has been anecdotal and purely subjective. 

OP should do some double blind testing with his favorite songs with two different DACs and see if he notices a difference. Unless he wants to just spend his money?

Yes, consenting adults can spend their $$$ how they please, but so many people hear with their wallets and not their ears!

I appreciate everybody two cents but as I mentioned I primarily listen to vinyl on this second system and it is fantastic so ain't gonna change speaker position or room acoustics or amp or preamp or speakers.....only thing open to is finding right dac that said though ain't gonna spend 5K for that when listen mostly vinyl and this is second system and happy with digital in other system.

So $3k budget for 20 percent of time listen to digital in this system with pass labs 260.8 monoblocks and pass xp27 phono and townshend allegri reference preamp (replaced pass xp32 preamp) with harbeth 40.2 speakers thru SR power conditioner  ....  I am using oppo as transport and for now will stick to qutest as it pairs well with my headphone amp at least [quicksilver headphone amp and zmf aeolus headphones]
Post removed