DAC/w Volume control + Power amp or DAC + Integrated?

Doing lots of research for complete new set up from the scratch but very confused about DAC /w volume control section. 
Does the Volume control mean actually a preamp section? So a DAC + Preamp all-in-one box? 
Or are there any DAC with pure simple volume control knob exist? 

One of the systems I am eyeing on is LTA Ultralinear power amp. Source is digital only (Qobuz, local files network streaming via Chromecast audio to DAC via optical, for now) so I may not need separate Pre-amplifier. 

There are couple of options.
1) DAC /w built in volume control + UL Power amp
2) pure DAC + Standalone Volume controller + UL Power amp
3) pure DAC + UL integrated amplifier

Which one is the best setup SQ wise? Or Cost-Performance?

Built in volume control affects sound quality of the DAC? 

Is UL Integrated inferior to power amp by a margin?

I would like to go simple as possible because of limited funds (DAC & Amp for < $9k) so assume that going from DAC to Power amp directly is the way to go. All used gear will be more than welcome.

Regards

Arron

czar2000
If using a DAC with volume control I would want one where it was in the analog output stage. 
Another approach would be a passive pre between Dac and amp. If using a DAC with tube output stage into a tube amplifier one has plenty of tube driven gain. 
One can find tube amplifiers that have variable input gain to better control system gain. The maker of my presmp, Aric Audio, makes tube amplifiers that have this such that one can run a fixed gain DAC directly into the amp. His amps have 6SN7 tibes in the input and driver stages. 
@Jiss Sorry to bother you. Ye I did read a lot of discussions but my question was more related to cost savings. 

I was looking for significant savings over going Integrated.
Thanks guys
@ verdantaudio. That combo is exactly what I am considering, Chord Qutest (or Tubadur) & UL Power amp. I think this the most money saving way.
But the lack of volume control forces me to spend more on either a volume controller(cheap) or UL intergated(expensive), unless replacing with different DAC.

So tight budget in mind, I wanted to know which one is the smartest move not sacrificing too much of SQ, : DAC -> DAC + cheap volume control (ex Schiit SYS) . Or UL Poweramp -> UL Integrated

At first I leaning toward the cheap volume control, but now I'm totally lost
George
I almost always listen low to moderate volume.
I guess inserting the SYS between QUTEST and UL Poweramp is the best, since there is no audible compromise?