On a mission for more BASS

Would biamping Sophia 2's add a substantial amount of BASS (including SPL) from those 10" woofers?
What am I trying to achieve? I need more BASS from those 10's, and lots of it!
Streatch goal: Enough SPL to watch the crumbs on the coffee table bounce like corn in a hot-air popper!

The shop where I got the Sophia 2's demod the Sophia 3's and the BASS (especially in SPL) was very disappointing (or my expectations are too high for my $16,700 Sophia 2's).

Existing equipment:
3 McIntosh MC501 500W monoblocks
Pre-amp should have what I need as its a Tri-Amp (McIntosh C500t)
Audyssee MultiEq XT w/install kit (mic, software)
Sophia 2's

I'm looking for a 1000' view on "how to" or pointers for what to do for/to crossovers (removal/replacement/bypass/hack and so on).

Suggestions on how much wattage for each woofer (under breaking point) and how many McIntosh amps to leverage would be immensly helful. Was thinking about getting a McIntosh stereo amp for the mids and tweeters and then use existing MC501's to drive each 10 (or tri-amp).
joelz
Bi-amp won't do it. You need big subs.

Be careful, don't overdrive those 10" woofers in your Sophia, they are expensive to replace.
It really is more dependent on the size of your listening room. For really big bass, you need a BIG room.
Not sure why you would buy a pair of speakers with "dissapointing" bass but that is another issue. Forget bi-amping. You don;t need big subs - for integration with the Sophias yoou need fast subs. Get two JL Audio 113's. Additional benefit is you can run the subs through a bass EQ unit.
i agree with Edorr. a fast, tight sub will cure what ails you. two fast, tight subs will really make you feel better =).
+ Jl Audio f113 will turn those crumbs into dust, in fact while watching a movie, one of my shot glass that I collect flew out of my bar shelf and crashed unto my wooden floors, I thought wow my surrounds sound so realistic till I turned around and saw glass everywhere.
Went back to tweaking the sub.