Magico Customer service

Is it considered to be good to include second hand speakers? Service provided on out of warranty products says a lot about a company. Thanks for any opinions.
Henry,

The tweeters are not proprietary. They have a diamond coating but the motor structures are from scanspeak. If ypy look at the driver outside of the speaker you can see this. I used to own the S1mkII which has the diamond coated driver. The a series is not the diamond coated dome. I am not spreading missinformation here. I frankly dont care who makes the drivers. Magico speakers sound good and that is what matters. I do have a sneaking suspicion that the A series are made over seas for the most part with finally assembly done here in the USA.

The only issue that I have with magico is the way that they increase prices. The price of all the A series are going up again. The A5 was just released less than a year ago and they are already increasing the price. It is a good speaker but I think it is a bit overhyped. If I go back to Magico it will be for the M2 but that is a hard sell with the price increase especially with the Cygnus being less money and a much more substantial speaker.
@creditingkarma,

I am afraid you are indeed mistaken. Both the M and the A-series tweeters are proprietary. These are different from the S series and have a bigger dome, with and without the diamond coating (28mm vs. 26mm) and two completely different motor systems. The S tweeter is built for Magico by SS (Your Rockport is also using that SS tweeter but with the regular SS dome). I just bought the A5, and they are undeniably incredible and worth all the “overhyped” surrounding them. I can only assume you have not heard them set up properly if you missed that.

Henry,

I have heard the A5 setup correctly. I actually preferred the S1mkII sonically over the A5 it is a more refined sound. I think the big wow factor to the A5 is is slam from the 3 woofers. I would take the S3mkII over the A5 any day of the week for my preference. 

I was able to audition the A5 and Atria II in the same system with the same electronics and chose the Atria over the A5. I wish I preferred the A5 as it could have saved me close to $6k. 

I am also aware that Andy uses the scan speak tweeter and he is very transparent about the drivers that he uses.  The magic with the tweeters in his speakers is in his wave guide. I have nothing but great things to say about magico speakers. I just had an opportunity to trade up to the Atria before magico does something like discontinue the S1mkII and then the value would go down. It was an incredible speaker in the small space that I previously had and recomend it easily. The same goes for the A1, A3, and A5. It comes down to preference at this price point. I just found the rockports to be more enjoyable than the A5 and with a pair of JL fathoms I have more than enough bass.

Enjoy the A5 and hopefully you will get a chance to hear some rockporta at some point in time too. 
Kenjit, Magico have probably read some of your posts and want nothing to do with you and your superior audiophool skills. By the way, what model Aiwa system do you listen to?
as a diy speakerbuilder, i always look at how a commercial loudspeaker is designed and manufactured. Magico's engineering and use of materials has been "next level" since they first entered the market.  but customer service is huge for someone laying down that much money for a high end product.  I never had to deal with any hifi customer service before except for Welborne Labs but they went out of business.  all companies should strive for top notch customer service.  i bet Mcintosh has great customer service since they have been around for decades.  the appeal to that company is probably more than just those blue VU meters.