Funny how streaming/digital still chases that analog benchmark.

Funny how manufacturers of streaming and digital gear continues to chase that elusive analog sound. I thought digital was better?

Before you all get your panties in a wad I enjoy both Digital and Analog but much rather listen to an analog source than digital.

So today I see  Innuos Introduces The PhoenixNET – A Network Switch For Audiophiles @ only $3500.00

Guess I do not see the point you can get superior sound for say $2500 or less with a decent turntable cartridge combo and phono stage. Hell Clear Audio has an all in one for $2500.

I just don’t get it and I do not care to either.
128x128skypunk
has2be,

I am not sure if you have noticed it, but you have been insulting me in virtually every post you have posted and multiple times in each of those posts. It does not look good. Do not embarass your grandchildren.

"So what amazingly produced music are 17 year olds listening to these days....Since you seem to know...."

I did not mention amazingly produced music. I was mentioning the possibility that the sound the age group you implied is clueless listens to may be better than what you listened to when you were 17.

"...or just so in tune you beleive your above us all...."
I do not think I am above all of you, not at all. However, you are making me reconsider such thoughts when applied to some.
Going back to the topic.

Some digital may attempt to emulate the sound of analog/vinyl. That is digital aimed at certain demographics. A little past their prime, who grew up listening to records, currently have enough disposable income to be extracted from them under the "sounds like analog" idea, and maybe a few more determinants. That seems like a wise and very common business approach. Give people what they want. Just check all the "extra bass" signs on earphones.

The rest of digital, I suspect, is perfectly content being digital and better and better as time goes by. It does not chase dreams of the times past.

It may be that, as the number of people enamored with the sound of records decreases due to natural forces, in relatively near future nobody would think of attempting to make anything sound like a record, much less to advertise it that way.
Here is my 2 cents - the goal of my system is to reproduce a ‘live performance’ - not the vinyl recording! I love live jazz - I have access to one of the best Jazz Clubs in the USA - the Jazz Corner in Hilton Head Island, SC. That is my goal - I retired my Thornes Turntable and SME tonearm years ago. I am all in with my LUMIN streaming Tidal MQA. 

Just saying - enjoy the music!
I have an 15 ips TASCAM, a clear audio innovation with an Air Tight pc1 supreme and a lumin streamer (I use TIDAL) all running through the same system (boulder pre amp, pass 250.8 amp and TAD CR-1s).   They all have their place in my life.  the epitome of high fidelity is clearly 1st generation  15 ips tapes.  Frankly anyone who has listen to my gear is blown away.  But streaming through the system sounds pretty darn good as well.   And no one can beat reminiscing down memory lane recalling music I listened to 50 years ago and streaming it while just sitting down....   

It all has a place, it all has its pro’s and con’s.  And while there is no doubt that listening to Vanessa Fernandez covering Kasmire on R2R hits a high fidelity zenith, there is nothing better than streaming obscure songs of my youth effortlessly (Dr. Hook and the medicine show anyone?)
"...here is nothing better than streaming obscure songs of my youth effortlessly (Dr. Hook and the medicine show anyone?)"

Are you saying that you do not already have Dr. Hook CD?