When is digital going to get the soul of music?

I have to ask this(actually, I thought I mentioned this in another thread.). It's been at least 25 years of digital. The equivalent in vinyl is 1975. I am currently listening to a pre-1975 album. It conveys the soul of music. Although digital may be more detailed, and even gives more detail than analog does(in a way), when will it convey the soul of music. This has escaped digital, as far as I can tell.
mmakshak
(Referring obliquely to first response) It seems for me anyway, The Sim Andromeda does. More so than Eclipse. I cannot identify all the attributes, but for one the timbre of instruments, dynamic contrast, detail, etc. Power conditioner helped (Running Springs Audio Dimitri im my case). AT a much less price point it seemed the Sony XA5400ES had some good midrange, and I would day soul, depends on how you identiry that. I tried that for a month in October 2009. Thanks.
Bill
Longer note - I was reading the notes by Levinson in the Cello Palette EQ manual. Recording the tonal balance correctly in digital mastering varies. This is because the digital mastering equipment varies as well as equipment in home sound systems. The results are often of unenhanced, partially stripped sound quality that's variable from home to home when the engineers playback equipment doesn't match the sonics of home system. This may shed the most light on why individual CD's when recorded well, will perfectly match a particular individual home system, while not other systems.

The Palatte EQ is high end and has 6 frequency controls with +/- dB attenuations. Levinson says use all 5, using your ears, and quickly tune in best tonal sounds of each CD. In effect, your spinning dials just like a final master mixer. Although I don't find most EQ's as desireable, I feel this is a very sound explanation to why many CD's sound lifeless or partially stripped and a very well thought out way to correct it. I'll spin 5 high end dials to tune-out digital tonal system mismatches. This goes one step beyond a perfect set-up.

Palettes are rare and expensive. I did notice after a very careful set-up, a significantly better sound improvement. I placed my SVS Ultra-13 in the 10Hz tuning crossed at 50 hz to match mains at ear level directly behind the main seating position. It's very accurate. The 10 Hz tuning change sweetened the subs notes up close, squeezing them through one port like massive vocal cords. Very enjoyable. It also somehow enhanced the mains mids and highs resulting in better analog-like tonal imaging and clusters of unique sounds.

If anyone has good experiences using a sweet EQ in this manner, please pass to us. It would install between my digital source and Proceed AVP 2 +6 preamp. Thanks to all.
I just sent my Sony XA5400ES to Dan at Modwright for some soul. Can't wait to hear his Ultimate Truth Mod...and I get a tube rectified external power supply as well!!
I think that 24/192 hirez does get the soul, it is so much better than redbook. That said vinyl in a direct comparison still sounds.. like vinyl. But I think that a really good dac playing 24/192 files is certainly competitive with a good TT ( and the digital setup will cost less and be way more user friendly) is it as good as the state of the art in analog, well for what one of those would cost I think I'll take my Ferrari in black please :-)