When is digital going to get the soul of music?

I have to ask this(actually, I thought I mentioned this in another thread.). It's been at least 25 years of digital. The equivalent in vinyl is 1975. I am currently listening to a pre-1975 album. It conveys the soul of music. Although digital may be more detailed, and even gives more detail than analog does(in a way), when will it convey the soul of music. This has escaped digital, as far as I can tell.
mmakshak
Nice of you to say that digital is better than analogic.
But at my home, it's the opposite !
And for many other people too.

Do you really have a high end analogic gear ?

If you only compare datas, you don't go far in music...
Ahh well the Analog Blues do go on....it ain't completely dead but it's always pining for the fjords....the good 'ol days of vinyl...would anyone be interested in a slug?
Adhoc,

"And for many other people too."

No for a precious few. 2000-3000 is not many people, and the number is shrinking everyday.

What's funny is I probably have more records than you do, analog's been around for my entire life and I think I understand it very well.

What is really high end analogic gear? How much do I have to spend in your opinion to get good sound from a used record? Tell me I'm interested in what you think it takes.

BTW; how many records do you own?
I can't for the life of me understand how you can pronounce digital superior to analog based on your gear. Go figure.
Audiofeel,

Did it ever occur to you that I might own other equipment? I think it's a bad mark on your character to disparage a system you have never heard or anything like it for that matter. What is shocking is my system has been picked twice over a system exactly like yours. Go figure, I would think I would have to whip out the Meridian to get a clear victory but that doesn't seem to be the case

Tubes and whizzer cones seem to have found an obstacle with my little surround system when it comes to playing music.

well I'm not worried about it.