The best TT system for under 30K

Hi agoners! 

I have been floored by Kuzma Stabi XL DC with 4 points TA on a recent audition. It was extremely analog sounding, insane details with speed, beat and clarity that made me wonder if I am listening to a live concert, just can’t help my toe tapping. Was comparing the sound to the top of the line Accuphase CD player with the same rest of system and it was no contest. 

Switching from Accuphase CD player to Kuzma XL DC was sounding like adding a pair of subwoofer and going up 2-3 levels on the rest of the system. Mind you the rest of the system was Accuphase E-650 class A integrated that should favor the Accuphase same brand CD player but that wasn’t the case. The speaker was Kerr Acoustics K300 under 10K entry level bookshelf and the sound of the entire entry level system armed with Kuzma XL DC beat the hell out of the entire super high end system the dealer has on the other listening room with Avalon PM3 speakers, Accuphase A-250 monos, Audionet Stern Preamp with Accuphase CD player. 

However obviously I cannot afford the whole set of Kuzma XL DC considering I am also in the process of upgrading my existing system. What will be the closest contender in the US$30.000 retail price range that has the same sonic signature as Kuzma XL DC? 

Thanks in advance for any advices!!
uwiikz
As an owner of the Kuzma XL DC, I concur with uwiikz’s listening experience as described in the thread opener.

What lower priced alternative than Kuzma XL DC that would give me the almost exact same sonic characteristics?

Certainly not the Technics Sp10R & Mk.3 direct drives, as they are different beasts entirely. Not better or worse per se, simply different in terms of playback, presentation and overall character.

In my system, I’ve elected to employ various turntable drive types, all which provide immeasurable levels of musical satisfaction each through the lens of their own unique persona. None are identical and yet all are immensely capable, reference caliber analog playback devices. If I were to recommend one alternative turntable which has some similar characteristically musical virtues, it would be the Garrard 301 Statement which I believe with optional ac power supply would cost about $8000 less than the Kuzma and accepts nine to twelve length inch tonearms. Being a properly implemented idler drive, it has a certain propulsive and dynamic nature coupled to a powerful, extended bass signature with loads of air, space and deep layering abilities. Inner detail is superb as well. Again, to clarify, it is still different from both of my belt drives and direct drive turntables, some attributes of each an individual may find more or less desirable than others, subjectively speaking but if you are seeking something with quote "beat", "speed" and "clarity", then this would be the closest thing in my system resembling this kind of demeanor, comparatively speaking.

Personally, I think the Kuzma XL DC is one of the great bargains of high end modern belt drives and far, far from being overpriced. Their other record players, aside from the Stabi M, although to a much lesser degree, do not sound like the XL DC as they are lacking the impact, scale, focus, layering and life of this model. After auditioning the Stabi R last year, it was immediately apparent to my ears that it was a significant step down the in the manufacturers hierarchy. Somewhat odd my impressions felt, as we did not seem to have the same sense of urgency present as its closest sibling the Stabi M although they share the same motor. Perhaps the difference lies within the power supply. The XL DC remains the superior Kuzma, at least to my ears. Their latest offering the XL DC Air, I personally have not yet seen or heard yet, so I cannot comment.

please somebody tell me XL DC is the best ever and there is no other that can compare so I can just jump the cliff and took the plunge?

A polite reality check, this is high end audio, and "best ever" does not exist. Not a single audiophile has seen, tried, compared or heard it all. Try to enjoy yourself during the journey and along the way find what is best for your personal listening tastes, budget and playback goals. Conjecture is something we all must contend with at some point in this game but fortunately you have some helpful, constructive insights here from various members to study and digest prior to making your final decision.

Now that appears to be the turntable that you seek. I have not personally heard it, many think it is the very best there is.
You do want to approximate the sound of tape, and they say this is the closest.
Even better, get top of the line Pear Audio table/arm for $10k+ and save a lot.
In any case, don’t listen to me, listen to Whart - he knows the stuff and he knows Kuzma tables very well.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis9ejh9-continuum-caliburn-cobra-castellon-turntables

WOW! Never expected this thread to be this informative with so many detailed responses!! Happy being here folks!
I just called the dealer just to chat about acoustic panel for my new dedicated listening/HT room/mancave. He offered me a crazy deep discount if I am willing to take the display model they had for two years, the exact same Kuzma XL DC I listened to including Kuzma 4 pt TA and Miyajima cartridge. Basically he slashed the retail price for the display item by almost half....so I think it will be extremely unwise for me to pass the deal. Thanks a billion folks!! I think I have found my answer. Special thanks for Ferrari275 and Whart for sharing your personal Kuzma XL experiences and confirming my impressions of the Kuzma XL DC. LOVE IT!!!
That's good. You got lucky, go for it. I hope that you will get full warranty coverage, just in case.