Acoustic treatment question: do you agree with Dennis Foley that $46k to $65k is required?

In a video from 1/29/2021 (yesterday) Dennis Foley, Acoustic Fields warns people about acoustic treatment budgets. He asserts in this video that treatment will likely require (summing up the transcript):

Low end treatment: $5-10k

Middle-high frequency: $1-1.5k

Diffusion: Walls $10-15k, Ceiling: $30, 40, 50k

https://youtu.be/6YnBn1maTTM?t=160

Ostensibly, this is done in the spirit of educating people who think they can do treatment for less than this.

People here have warned about some of his advice. Is this more troubling information or is he on target?

For those here who have treated their rooms to their own satisfaction, what do you think of his numbers?

128x128hilde45
I was surprised by how expensive good treatments are. I went with Acoustical Systems Corp (ASC). I’m sure Acoustic Fields products are great too. 

To control costs, you can start by controlling base in the corners of your room, as well as the first side-wall reflection points (using a mirror to dial it in). 

I also like RPG Skyline diffusers for the center of your soundstage and ASC absorption panels on the wall behind your listening position.

That will get you 80% there with money to spare for later.......ambiance via more side wall treatments and ceiling treatments.

It's true that "There are no guarantees when you hire these guys" so all I'm seeking with my question is which of these guys is better, more reasonably priced, more risky, etc. I think the writing on the wall is pretty clear.
Even among the more common vendors, there's a pretty big disparity in cost.  About double what the next one down charges I think.  I haven't looked in a long time, but if memory serves:

• ASC (most expensive)
  • GIK
  • ATS (least expensive)

Of them, after hearing a hotel room full of ASC products I cannot recommend them at all. GIK is more affordable and has some really effective products for bass mode controls.  ASC is also very nice and quite affordable.