Has anybody bought or heard a Chinese knock off amplifier?

There are a lot clones coming out of China and power amplifiers seem to be along for the ride.
Mark Levinson, Goldmund, and Accuphase are some of the big names I see replica’s being advertised for sale. These replica’s range in price from $500-$2000. My curiosity every time I see these always is do they even sound like the brand they are trying copy? Another thought that comes to my mind when I see them is, are they even safe or reliable. I myself wouldn’t touch one of these, but that’s me. Has anybody heard one? If so it would be interesting to hear some opinions regarding these amplifiers.
hiendmmoe
People that produce counterfeit anything are thieves. It's no more complicated than that. People that buy things from thieves are either ignorant, or amoral.
Before buying Chinese, you should learn a bit about what your money will be contributing to. And yes, it is a question of the world you want to live in. It's easy to find things to knock in any nation, the US included, and being at the top, we take more than our share of criticism. But attempt to find out a bit about how the world might change with the Chinese government at the top, which is a very real and looming possibility. Really, have a look. It will probably scare the sh*t out of you. It's what North Korea can only aspire to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM1DjkPWtj0
For decades I’ve read/heard disparaging comments about electronics made in S Korea. In college (1981) I bought a Sherwood S9600 CP receiver. Designed in the USA, manufactured and assembled in S Korea. 

Here it is 40 years later and I still use that receiver with no issues. Replaced a power switch. That’s it! It’s been in daily use for 40 years. Moved 14 times, even overseas. 

Im not supporting a communist regime in buying it. Denied Japan some money. But I feel good about it.

i can’t feel good about supporting the PRC and the CCP! Their stated aim and business practice is to take over all industry and control from non-communist countries. When you buy from them, you add a strand to the noose designed to hang western countries and economies.
Post removed 
I love the quality and sound of my Cayin, not a fake like OP is talking about, just to say, the capability of terrific products is there.

Once, on the way to lunch with a client, I saw a sign on an audio store, asked my client "what kind of name is (my pronunciation) mass a goona?

He laughed, pronounced it properly: mashugana

It was ’Mashugana Ike’s’, a funny take off on Crazy Eddies.

I had heard, knew what it meant, but had never seen Mashugana spelled before.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mashugana&rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS881US881&oq=mashu&aqs=chrome.2...