Technics SL-1210GAE Anniversary

Hi ; Do any of you knowledgeable  guys can tell me if the new SL 1210GAE anniversary edition  have performance upgrades over previous models, or it is just a marketing strategy ?   How it compares with a similar priced belt drive TT? .
128x128vinylnostalgic
Hi, @dover would you care to please comment on the following

If anyone values their records, 

I thought that suspension problems on NOS carts would compromise the sound but not the record
Thanks

@luisma31i, 
Hi Luis,
any cartridge that is damaged, worn, not set up correctly or mismatched with the tonearm runs the risk of mistracking. Mistracking damages records, at worst you get a noise like a scratch or scuff from the damaged groove. Furthermore, you may not hear mistracking until it gets really bad, but during this time the groove is being damaged until such time as you can hear your cartridge mistracking. The groove damage is permanent it cant be fixed.

This is why I believe it is risky to play vintage cartridges that may not track as well as when they were new. I have around 4000 records, many worth hundreds of dollars, many unobtainable now, therefore why risk damaging them. Buy a new current production cartridge unless the manufacture has a rebuild service where the cartridge is not just retipped, but all operating parameters are checked. NOS is not the same as new current production - suspension materials degrade over time.

Even if you have a modest record collection, add up what you spent - in most instances it is more than what you would spend on a new cartridge.

Thank you, your explanation makes sense, there could be NOS carts perfectly fine even after the years or maybe not fine but not mistracking either but why risk it? I get your point