Modwright Elyse DAC input issues

I just want to give a heads up on a potential problem with the Modwright Elyse DAC. I just purchased a used one and have encountered drop out issues with every input other than the USB input. I contacted Modwright to see if there was a fix for it and this is the response I got back for Dan Modwright;
"Hi Darryl and thanks for letting me know. The fact is, there can be an issue with these inputs. It has to do with the quality of your power and the sensitivity of the input receiver to less than ideal data samples. The DAC board was designed and programmed by a third party for us. This bug was never fully worked out and is power quality and environment dependent. I am afraid that I do not have a solution for you. I am glad to hear that via USB it is trouble free.
You could always add a SPDIF to USB converter"

I'm not trying to bash on the Elyse, I just want other potential purchasers to be aware of this possible issue. I think they only made about 40 of them, so I know I'm speaking to a small audience. 

dj
DJ,
If I get a dropout it is usually once a listening session for a few seconds, thankfully nowhere near your unfortunate experience.

I did not have the "standard" KWA100 power amp so I can’t provide any impressions of that versus my SE model. If you haven’t you might check over on the Modwright circle on audiocircle for potential insights
dj
Given the extreme frequency of the dropouts you are experiencing have you tried a different digital cable to see if any difference occurs. I have no idea if the cable might be contributing, just wondering if the one you are using might have some issue itself that is exasperating the DAC's inherent bug
facten,
Thanks for the Modwright Circle info.
I have tried all three inputs on the Elyse (the BNC with an adaptor)  Currently using the AES/XLR with a decent cable. 
Drop outs occur with my streamer and my Oppo too.
Computer to USB has no issues (yet)
Thanks again facten.
I have had my Elyse for many years now.  The only problems I’ve had are with the USB drivers.  The internal USB converter is not recognized by Windows, not even Windows 10. I believe the USB converter itself uses drivers based on NuForce and/or Optoma.  I know I wrote down the model number on the NU chip on the board and was able to find old drivers on the Optoma website.  I think Dan shipped the units with a CD with the drivers on it but I don’t have it?  This allows it to work well with Windows but because it take unique drivers I never was able to get USB to work with non-windows based products (like streamers and servers and such). What has worked really well for me is using a XMOS u-208 external converter with SPDIF to the Elyse.  All products I have tried recognize the XMOS converter and it works perfect with the Elyse.  I have other quality DACs that I use often but the Elyse is special.  I’ve enjoyed every product Dan has made with his tube outputs and tube power supplies.  That is what makes this DAC special IMHO.  
What would really be cool is if someone in the know figured out how to install a SOTA DAC into this chassis? Something that was current and processed DSD etc. It would have to pick up the 8v coming from the Elyse PS, interface correctly with the front signal sensor indicators and also interface with the output PCB. It can’t be that hard for someone in the know? There is plenty of room for a modest size PCB. The SPDIF and AES connections are point to point wired so that would be forgiving to the chassis layout. The USB port is on the PCB itself so location may complicate the PCB placement but nothing a separate USB port could not be added to accommodate? Everything in this chassis is of exceptional quality except the DAC itself is quite modest. A nice ESS9038pro would be killer installed with this PS and outputs? Someone?