The Decline of the Music Industry

Click bait for sure!  Actually, this is Frank Zappa's opinion on why the industry declined, but if I would have put his name in the title, many would have skipped over it.  I personally never connected with Zappa's music, but I do agree with what he has to say here.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GowCEiZkU70
chayro
if you read my last post there is an ARGUMENT....

If i read your post only insult.....

Who is the adult and who is the child?

I will repeat my argument because it seems difficult for you to read a text:

Education subordination to money explain social condition not races distinction....
The musical decline itself come from a lack in education and the time passed with technological artefact....

There exist many other factors but they are less impactful than these 2....

People are more educated and more diversely educated than they have ever been.
You confuse being informed with being educated....Information has nothing to do with being educated....It is related but is is absolutely not the same thing.... Being connected to wikipedia is convenient but that dont give to someone the thinking process to analyse what is "timbre" in music or acoustic.....Or that dont give Bob Dylan his mastering of poetry....Information is raw fact and bits, not thinking process immersed in an art, or in science or in philosophy..... Culture and education are NEVER about information in any way, especially before college.... Education is learning how to live a life not how to use a coomputer....

Education change with time, you are right about that, but the thinking process of human is linked to their mastering of language and body, not computer or information.....This will not change except for the technocrat of transhumanism....
Arguments are only arguments when they are factual. There is no factual basis for stating people are less educated, as they clearly are not. Your attempt to define "education" as it suits your argument is straw-man.  There is probably less music education, but, at least with popular music, it is not apparent that there is a high correlation from "forced" music education and a drive to create popular music.  Even the notion that there is a "decline" in music can be argued against.

You are basically throwing stuff against a wall and hoping it will stick without showing correlation let alone causation.
@audio2design: "I think it is one of the reasons for the rise of black/ethnic "pop" music through the 90’s into the 2000’s. Everyone else had it too good, so there was not enough "emotion" to drive the song writing."

I assume you’re African American? If not, feel free to explain, truly, what exactly "black/ethnic ’pop’ music" is and how you have any agency. @mahgister has it right - that statement is about as ignorant and general as you can get. Please - how about some examples of this genre from that time period? And Id love to hear how "everyone else" had it so good. Like my classmates in our Appalachian high school with a mean family income of less than $27K a year. I assume we had it good.

And this gem - ""White" pop had a peak in the 80’s. It was a reflection/culmination of life. Hey, look at us, we have prosperity, no one is trying to nuke us today, walls are coming down. Let’s celebrate life." -- applies to 1989 and onward - not the rest of the 80’s. I mean, "Walking on Sunshine" and "Take On Me" and "Jump" and "Caribbean Queen" were all mid-80’s, in the heart of the cold war and the threat of imminent nuclear annihilation, and those aren't exactly dirges.
You are basically throwing stuff against a wall and hoping it will stick without showing correlation let alone causation.
You exhibit intelligence and stupidity in equal amount for sure...

Why dont you apply this observation about your own race musical analysis?

Education if i simplify it to basic, before majority, consist mainly in the mastering of language, mastering of the  body, and mastering of  nature ( science is best teach in and about nature).... education has nothing to do with COMPUTER....NOTHING... Being informed is not being educated even for an adult....

Computer can be secondary tool not the main one in human education...Except when there is no other human alternative....

@tjkurita "The PMRC went under in the 90s I think and now we have Cardi B singing about her WAP. Which I think is awesome. I’ve never heard the song but it made a good meme."

It’s a catchy song that actually celebrates feminine sexual agency and power. Male singers have been singing about their own sexual proclivity and aptitude for years, so "WAP" is a good rejoinder to that.