Pass XP30 preamp makes no difference (from dagogo) ? Wow! (active vs passive vs no preamp)

So I am considering a preamp upgrade. Right now have AGD HE9 into my Pass x350.8 and I do wonder if a better preamp would improve the sound further. Was considering a pass pre then came across this. Maybe i should consider just a passive balanced preamp for volume controls? Dac is Denafrips terminator.

https://www.dagogo.com/bricasti-design-model-1-usb-dac-review/
" so I proceeded to my ultimate test: direct comparison between having the Pass Labs XP-30 three-piece pre-amplification system in the equipment chain and taking it out of the chain. In my experience the Pass XP-30 is the most resolving preamp capable of delivering at very low levels – levels where you have to really be attentive to even hear the music in a dead quiet environment. Only when I got below 18dB did I feel like I was noticing a loss of detail, and even then I wasn’t quite sure. Since I never listen at such low volume levels, and I don’t know of anyone else who does, this was not a practical concern for me. Moreover, even at those very low levels I had to really listen to detect any loss in fidelity. Whatever Bricasti did to achieve it, the M1’s digital volume control is excellent. Note also that output gain is adjustable by setscrews from the back panel. "

smodtactical
@roysq Thanks! Really interesting post. The XP12 even getting close to the ref6 is very impressive indeed! Too bad there was an XP22 for sale locally but I missed the deal. Maybe I'll wait for an XP32 to show up.
I do have an XP30 locally though but guessing the 32 is a big step up ?
@smodtactical 

I liked the REF6 more than the XP12 in the midrange from my recollection.  The XP12, a bit better in the bass.

I really think the XP22 and XP30... awfully close.  They both pop-up on sites occassionaly (a-gon, usam... it's one thing I like about hi-fi shark, you can shop for everything as it's a nice aggregator website).  Looking at Hi-fi shark right now, there are xp32's, xp30's, xp22's..all out there in the USA.

My XP22 I purchased used, my 150.8 was used, and my 250.8 was new.  No big deal. Pass is great and while I've not had an issue with any pass product, when I've e-mailed them they always take care of my questions very timely.

Just a great company.  But, lots of great stuff out there!  I happen to like Pass.  They are a USA based company, they are really responsive, and it's hard to find one of their products that doesn't sound at minimum "good" with just about anything.  Nelson and Wayne know how to build good sounding, good looking, and really well built gear.  

But, yes, I am a pass fan.  BUT, the sound came first.
Roy only thing is im in Canada. I do have a local guy selling xp30 as I said. Maybe I can wait for xp32 or 22 to show up locally. Or maybe to get one of the US guys to ship.

Ya love Pass sound its awesome. But I am curious about tubes for sure. But if SS can do what tubes do, the tube magic then id love that because then you get the SS reliability.