Non-Compressed Alternative of CDs

I have been away from this forum for quite awhile. So please forgive me if this is a worn-out topic. I have an extensive CD collection. But as you are aware, many new releases are no longer available in CD format. I have been reluctant over the years to download music from sources like Apple since the compressed format compromises the sound quality. That being said, are there any other non-compressed music sources (other than vinyl) for me to transition toward given the demise of the CD is inevitable? Thank you so much for your input.
kitjv
I don't listen to that but there are Tidal and Qobuz and Spotify and I am sure others.
Hi kitjv. No you can’t assume anything. It’s all on a case by case basis. The dynamic range database:

Album list - Dynamic Range Database (loudness-war.info)

can give you compression info on specific releases. Music other than rock and pop is less likely to be overly compressed.

You can also get information on the sound quality (including compression) of specific releases at the Steve Hoffman Music Forums.

(3) Music Corner | Steve Hoffman Music Forums

You will probably have to do some searching and reading to find what you’re looking for there. Good Luck!