Harley quote

Regarding two aftermarket power cables: "These differences in the shapes of the musical waveforms are far too small to see or measure with even the most sophisticated technology, yet we as listeners not only routinely discriminate such differences, we sometimes find musical meaning in these differences."

Nonsense. Just because people claim to "routinely discriminate" differences doesn't mean it's true or they're right. Apparently many have witnessed UFOs but that doesn't mean they actually saw extraterrestrial visitors, does it? Some have seen/heard a deity speaking to them "routinely"; does that imply that they are surely communing with an unseen/unmeasurable spiritual force(s)? Can we not put a little more effort into confirmatory reality-testing first when "the most sophisticated technology" can find nothing in 2020? (Of course, speaker cables can measure differently as per here, here, even if not necessarily audible in many cases by the time we connect amp to speaker.)

ARCHIMAGO
128x128fuzztone
I am comfortable taking a minority position, especially when it is supported by good science. Like the book I referenced. None of you have offered one spec of rebuttal. That's because your position is scientifically weak. 

BTW, note that I was responding to the incessant (on this site) derogatory comments on religion and faith. Maybe others will step aside, roll over - not me. 

I'm content to return the thread to audio.   
Post removed 
Oh no, you opened that can ..

douglas_schroeder2,813 posts01-11-2021 1:50pmdjones51, I wondered who would step into the doo doo.
No one suggests that "dinosaurs" were on the ark. Reptiles, my friend. You have exposed your deep bias and ignorance. :)

“There were these giant reptiles called dinosaurs that actually did go on the ark — and they came off the ark,” said Clarey, whose One Foundation-sponsored talk Friday on the GCU campus, called “Genesis, Global Flood and Giant Reptiles,” spanned the gamut of his research on the Bible’s great flood and how dinosaurs fit into the Bible story.

Clarey believes only about 60 kinds of dinosaurs existed, not the roughly 700 species recognized by secular scientists. Just like we have dogs of different breeds, he believes dinosaurs thought to be different species actually were just different breeds.

“Nobody argues the ark wasn’t big enough. They (those in the secular world) just think it didn’t happen. It’s just a fairy tale,” he said.

“How do you get this exact same rock type that was supposed to have taken millions of years and deposit it with nothing else, nothing below it, nothing above it?”

The sandstone can be found not just across North America but Jordan and a slew of other countries.

“How do you have events that are worldwide without a worldwide event?” he asked, referring to the great flood, which would have deposited the sandstone.

He also spoke of Redwall limestone that goes into Canada, all the way up to Greenland and Alaska.

“How do you have limestone that covers half the continent all at one time?”

This is how even a highly educated person can allow their beliefs to cloud their mind. There is enormous evidence for moving tectonic plates and that the shape of the land has changed considerably over billions of years. We still see plate movement. Far far far far more likely that sediment is the result of tectonic land shift, things formally underwater, no above, and vice versa. It has long been accepted that a large portion of North America used to be a sea (under water).  But if he is using a flood (that only lasted 40 days and nights) to justify there being sandstone in many places that are now land, they that sandstone should be literally everywhere, but have you heard of the Canadian Shield? Vast expanse of igneous rock not a hint of sandstone.  Since he claims the flood was recent, there is no way it would have eroded away either.

Again, this portends to audio. We have vast amounts of information that shows that digital, especially high res digital is vastly superior to vinyl, its not even close, vastly superior at recreating an analog waveform. However, because some really like vinyl, and it sounds better to them, they are unable to let go of the belief that it must be superior at analog reconstruction even though all the evidence says otherwise. To support that claim, they literally make up things about digital (even a few PhDs), and assign qualities to vinyl/analog that are simply not at all true.

No, not a 40 day event, which is another misnomer. An approximate 1 year event. Runaway subduction of sea floor hypothesized, but not without data, i.e. young sea floor from spreading,  as mechanism for flooding of shallow land masses and driving them apart. Volcanoes actively involved in later stages, called megasequences of deposition of layers. No conflict with observed rock formations, and elegant solutions to problems with classic unifromitarian theory, i.e. better explanation of overthrusts. 
And again this an awesomely representative post of how people will twist information to suit their outcome. The good Dr. uses where it suits him an absolutely literal interpretation of the bible.  However, when it does not suit him, he makes it a whole year event.  This is the same thing audiophiles do. If an "expert" says something that disagrees with their world view, they totally discount him/her. If they say something that agrees, then they will quote it ininfinitum.

If volcanoes were spewing enough to create those levels of layer deposition, everyone would be dead, many times over unless purely a localized event (even continent wide) and we know when those were. 

Runaway subduction of sea floor ... lovely, we will just ignore the massive tsunamis that would result, which with that level of subduction even surface waves would be enormous.  Of course, if there is massive subduction, water does not just appear out of no where, so that only causes localized flooding, but if you are going to ignore reality why not go all in.