Magnepan 3.7's versus 20.1's?

Anybody here had the chance to compare the new Magnepan 3.7s with their longtime flagship 20.1 speakers?
salmonsc
My dealer is pretty upset about this and has called Magnepan. That's where the 2 to 3 more weeks came from. They promised to stay on top of it with repeated calls to them. they are in agreement that this type of wait is rather ridiculous. We're building a speaker here not a house. I don't think I ordered anything too odd for it to be trouble. Mine will be black oak with gray panels. My next step is to start asking for compensation for the extra long wait.
Ok, cancel the last rave. I just got the call. The 3.7's have landed!! I should have them today or tomorrow. Whew.
Mrschret,
I was told 2-3 weeks was the wait when I ordered mine. I heard back right away that they were out of dark cherry, and that they expected a new shipment within a week. There were no surprises, and the dealer made sure and let me know when Magnepan got the new shipment. The dark cherry arrived on schedule, and the speakers went into production immediately. They shipped on the promised date. I had an update on the status at least once a week.
I agree that you are due a customer satisfaction adjustment. I would guess someone at the dealer or Magnepan dropped the ball on getting your order into the system.
Your sales person really should have stayed on top of this. I get tired of hearing brick and mortar shops whine when they fail to provide reasonable customer service.
The upside is that these are just wonderful speakers. I think you will be pleased once you have them.
Mrschret,
Excellent! When you get them set up, leave the room for the first two hours. Mine sounded pretty bad right out of the box, but sounded respectable after two hours and much better after 6. They continue to improve, but I'm guessing the bass panels need a lot more time. Enjoy!
My 3.7 s now have a few hundred hours and the bass panel is kicking in with a lot more force and presence.