Review on the Rockna Audio Wavelight Pre/DAC just went up on Stereo Times

My review on the Rockna Audio Wavelight Pre/DAC has just been posted on the Stereo Times website. I have received many Emails from Gon members asking questions about it's performance in the last couple of months. There is an on-going thread about Rockna Audio DACs and I shared on that thread that I had the Wavelight in for review. This Pre/DAC has much to offer across the board and is highly competitive at it's price point of $5000. For all the details take a look at the review. Enjoy today's holiday!
teajay
@yyzsantabarbara 

What you need to understand about the Audiobyte is the implementation of the DAC is completely different than the Wavelight. They DO NOT sound the same. Same designer, not same sound. The Wavelight sonically is an FPGA R2R (ladder) dac, the AV is not. Cooler screen, separate power supply is cool, but different sound in the Audiobyte. What is better is left to the ear of the beholder. 
Yes, I was researching this on Head-fi and someone posted the same as you. I going to get the Hyda stack after the HUB is released next month.
Good reviews and press on this DAC.  I'm not a complete numbers stickler, but has it been measured anywhere?  I am looking for a new DAC that can serve as a pre-amp for a HT loop.  Only use 2 sources now.  

Simply wondering if anyone has measured this bad boy?
I've had a Wavelight for a couple of weeks now letting it burn in. It is sounding very good. I'm interested in I2S and considering the Matrix SPDIF 2. Earlier in this tread, a compatibility problem was mentioned. Just wondering if this has been resolved. I'm also considering switching from my integrated amp to going straight to an amp. Any more thoughts on going direct to amp?
vgrubb would love to hear your impressions now that the unit has settled in as well as what you may have found experimenting with connecting in your system feeding your integrated amp vs using the pre-amp function of the wavelight to drive the amp directly. Your impressions of any experimentation with digital connections etc. would also be appreciated (and what music server are you using ahead of the wavelight?). Thanks!