RIP Tony Rice

So sad to hear about the loss of Tony Rice.  Such an amazing performer and huge influence.
77jovian
@pehare, was that at The Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park? I saw him there a few times. Great musician and he put on amazing (and seemingly effortless) performances.
@ranjan....sure was.  What a magical place to gather memories of a lifetime!
I saw him several times at a festival I used to go to in Florida back in the late 90's and early 00's.He played with Grissman often there, but also many other bluegrass stars, as well as solo. Most of the time when he was not doing his set he'd be sittin' in with somebody else. Also saw him numerous time s at Merlefest. I have most of his performances there on DAT.
RIP, I'll miss you Tony.
Sad news. Early 90’s visiting DC and looked up clubs in yes the “yellow pages”. Went to the original Birchmere in Alexandria VA and Tony stood in for a band member of the Seldom Scene. Tony was fresh off the plane after recording the Pizza Tapes with Garcia and Grisman. Took me about 15 minutes to realize the mastery I was experiencing. Fell in love with “Space Grass” and Tony’s guitar mastery.