Cube Audio Nenuphar Single Driver Speaker (10 inch) TQWT Enclosure

Cube Audio (Poland) designs single drivers and single driver speakers. 

Principals are Grzegorz Rulka and Marek Kostrzyński.

Link to the Cube Audio Nenuphar (with F10 Neo driver) speaker page: 

https://www.cubeaudio.eu/cube-audio-nenuphar

Link to 6Moons review by Srajan Ebaen (August 2018):

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/cubeaudio2/

----------------------------------------

Parameters (from Cube Audio):

Power: 40 W

Efficiency: 92 dB

Frequency response: 30Hz - 18kHz ( 6db)*

Dimensions: 30 x 50 x 105 cm

Weight: 40 Kg

* Frequency response may vary and depends on room size and accompanying electronic equipment.
david_ten
Correct. It's not my field, but I wouldn't be surprised if there aren't chip foundries that will do custom work and small runs. Not cheap, but perhaps Pass could buy a passel from Aries Cerat or have their supplier make a different version.
Maybe he will given the success of the sit amps. I've heard they're starting to get low on their supply and the sit3 was only possible because the parts have been so reliable. Previously, those transistors had been held in reserve for replacement service. 

Funny that Nelson said this in 2012 (from the above thread on diyaudio):  "I predict that long before I run out of SITs there will be some new, perhaps more interesting devices to play with."
“New models within the Ianus Series include the Geminae (€110,000) Class A amplifier that produces 130 Watts @ 8 Ohm. Aries Cerat’s Essentia (€39,000) is the little brother that produces 40 Watts @ 8 Ohms”.

That makes the FW SIT-1 a bargain. Given the FW SIT-1 has 2 watts/ch at 1% distortion, yet it sounds more like 50 watts/ch. I have 9ft ceilings and my dedicated listening room that has no back wall to speak of is open to a decent size kitchen/eating area (shaped like an “L” close to 600 sqft) and I’m never wanting for high volume.

I also want to report that the FW has opened up nicely and has a beautiful mid bass response. I also found that like the Ayon Audio Odin, the FW SIT-1 benefits greatly by adding SR ECTs near the on/off switch, binding posts, the male IEC connector and on top of the transformer. I had these on my Ayon Audio S-5 also and they eliminate high frequency grunge that provides a multitude of benefits in the recreation of music.
One other thing I left out:  I started with the Tidal Audio Impact amplifier on the Nenuphars.  That amp has a damping factor of 200,  two separate transformers (left and right channels), 8 transistors per channel, 145 watts/ch class AB but it runs hot so I think the first 25 watts are class A, listed for $32K, built to deliver high current, and weighed 120 lbs.  I didn’t hold a candle to the FW SIT-1.  It would sound dry more times than not and at higher volumes there was a loss in clarity.  I was afraid I would blow the Nenuphars if I was careful with the Ayon S-5 preamp remote.  I was glad to sell that one to someone that had Dynaaudio loudspeakers which it matched well to.
Received my Nenuphar Mini’s Friday night. Got them uncrated and hooked up but it was late once I did so I played a couple songs and waited until Saturday morning. Listened to some music Saturday morning at low volumes and left them playing all day at lower volumes to start breaking in. Last night my wife and I turned the up and listened for an couple hours. I’m reserving judgment as they only have about 15 hours on them but so far there’s no weakness. I’ve tried single driver speakers before and I never felt they got enough extension on the vocals and could sound a bit restricted or muffled. Not these. My previous speakers had Accuton ceramic drivers and before that I used Salks with the RAAL ribbon. These are more detailed but still natural and smooth. I thought the Accutons would be more detailed but nope. The sound also has more scale and is more realistic. I’m still playing with location as my room isn’t great but they do seem to like being closer to the back wall. Bass improves and when I had them pulled out a bit the imaging beamed a little. So far also seems better with no toe in. I’ll continue to break them in and follow up. Wish I could post photos here. I got them in walnut and the finish is fantastic.