HDMI (i2s) recommendations for Denafrips Gaia -> Terminator

I have a denafrips gaia on the way to use with my Terminator DAC and I'd like to connect it using I2S since I've heard that this is the best sounding method. 

Any recommendations on a good sounding HDMI cable? I'm considering the AQ Firebird 48 which is fairly pricey and is probably the maximum I'd want to spend ($1299 for 0.75m length).
128x128jaytor
@docroasty - I appreciate your input. It does give me a bit more confidence to try one or two of the artisan cables. At least many of these are specifically intended for use as an i2s interconnect, which is more than you can say about AQ. As you point out, they aren't that expensive in the scheme of things, and are considerably less than I'd pay for the higher-end AQ cables. 

For now, I'm going to hold off on making a decision and see how well the Gaia works over AES to my Terminator. I've got a bunch of generic HDMI cables hanging around that I may try just to see how well it works. 

Still hoping my Gaia will arrive Monday, but Fedex hasn't confirmed a delivery date yet.
@docroasty - took your advice and ordered a 0.75m Tubulus Argentus. Thanks for the help. 

My Gaia arrived yesterday, so I've only got about 24 hours on it, but it's definitely an improvement. Imaging is sharper, a bit more detail, and bass has more weight and texture. I can't wait to see what it can do with a better i2s cable. 

- Jay
@jaytor good choice! Enjoy! The tubulus is a really nice i2s cable. U can go higher up the price ladder but from this point you're at now, I think there is no better, just different.