Down firing sub tweeks

I use a down firing sub on a carpeted surface. Are there any specific tweeks available to better disperse the bass ? For example, would a product like Auralex sub dude make any improvement, or is that just to reduce the bass below the unit? ( Like in an apartment setting). Anyone use a "base" of some type, or is there is there an isolation base surface known to be better than carpet?
roofmeister
Any type of spoke should improve it. Make sure the spikes are adjusted so there is no rockIng of the woofer- it needs to be very secure.
I have an old school setup.
Nikko Alpha 2 amp
Nikko Beta 2 preamp
Nikko Gamma 1 Tuner
ADC Sound Shaper
Cambridge Audio Azur 540 CD player
Nikko Np750 turntable
BIC beam box antanae
I run 2 pair of DCM Time Windows 1A
and 2 DCM 10 inch subs.
My set up is in a 12' x 20' room with not the greatest set up as far as accoustics. I will try the cones, but is there any opinion on using say a granite base or the auralex sub dudes?
The bases made by Zmanastronony are what I was thinking. What are they made of ? What did you notice as far as an improvement ?
I used two 3/4 in birch plywood screwed together and put some 1/4in spikes underneath to couple to the floor.
The sound was more detail and less wooly. also, more gain and smoothness in presentation. I also put cones between the sub and the platform, it increased the speed of delivery.
Hi all ! I went to a counter top shop and they made me 3 16 x 16 pieces of granite for $60 . They are very heavy . Used one under each speaker and one under my amp . Might try another for the sub .