Magnepan announces the 20.7

Jacob Heilbrunn has a first look on The Absolute Sound's site.

"But here’s the skinny: no other speaker at this price will offer even remotely similar lifelike performance, and it should—no, will—scare the bejeezus out of most of its competitors. It’s no accident that Audio Research, which I also got to visit, has 3.7 loudspeakers as part of its reference system. So go ahead. Search for another loudspeaker. But I can only wish you good luck. I defy you to find one at up to five times the cost with the scale and realism of the 20.7."

http://www.avguide.com/blog/first-listen-magnepan-s-new-flagship-207-loudspeaker
josh358
But it was interesting to read about the only contrary opinion to Myestands that I've seen.
I ordered and read a complete book about how to evaluate and purchase good stereo. One of the comments was that dimmable bulbs will ruin your sound. So I turned them off and listened and listened. Nada. Zilch. Zero.

I think if I did a test and said
"listen to that music"
and then
"I've turned those lights out - now listen to the music"

My goodness - next thing you know someone will want me to waste a ton of money on power conditioners.

So it's great to read a carefully considered and informed contrary opinion.
Exactly Nottop.
I really value the opinions expressed in the forum. They are an extremely important contributor to my decision about what to audition and occasionally what to buy if an audition is not possible. I have found much better guidance here than in TAS or stereophile. Ideas expressed here have prompted me to do some things and try some things that seemed implausible at first, but proved to be true in practice. But the final judge on everything is my own ears.

What concerns me a little is when our own strongly held opinions are presented as absolutes, and differing opinions are discredited.
could somebody describe or try to describe which changes the myestands produce in the sound ?

thank you
Clavil,
For me the significant improvement came when I angled my 1.6's forward to achieve a perpendicular between the top to bottom middle of the speaker with my ear. This produced a really significant increase in clarity and focus. The sound was just less smeared, if that makes sense. The idea I guess is that this angle provides the best time alignment. I got the stands for my 1.6's used for $200, and it was a no brainer that it was well worth the cost. I liked what they did enough that I didn't think twice about ordering a new pair at $605 for my 3.7R's. Now, I suppose one could tilt the speakers without the Mye stands, but they would not be stable at the angle required for me, and I am a tall person.