Article: "Spin Me Round: Why Vinyl is Better Than Digital"

Article: "Spin Me Round: Why Vinyl is Better Than Digital"

I am sharing this for those with an interest. I no longer have vinyl, but I find the issues involved in the debates to be interesting. This piece raises interesting issues and relates them to philosophy, which I know is not everyone's bag. So, you've been warned. I think the philosophical ideas here are pretty well explained -- this is not a journal article. I'm not advocating these ideas, and am not staked in the issues -- so I won't be debating things here. But it's fodder for anyone with an interest, I think. So, discuss away!

https://aestheticsforbirds.com/2019/11/25/spin-me-round-why-vinyl-is-better-than-digital/amp/?fbclid...
128x128hilde45
Wow! i just listen this comparison between highly costly amplifiers on youtube....

And even through my audio system i can listen to the unnatural timbre of the voices and instruments and the choice of details over the flowing musicality...I know for sure that this audio system will be very much fatiguing for me....Amazing...The same files playing on my system dont sound so unnatural....

Give it to me and with my embeddings methods and controls i will set it correctly.... For now it is horrible for the price paid...What i dont understand is that the organizer seems very happy with that....🙄 I think that they dont listen music they look for details....Perhaps their youtube recorded files is not good? if i compared with the normal youtube file of Dire Straits it is way better....Then the room where it is recorded for their amp comparison is acoustically non treated one or badly treated indeed ( i hear too much echoing )... The ordinary Dire Straits on youtube is not fatiguing at all ... I think that they use a dac with digital files, in these case a turntable would do better it seems or my low cost NOS dac... 😁

One of the amp is a Mephisto : 55,000 us dollars....

My own system value is 500 hundred dollars....😊

Spare your money all of you, dont upgrade, and instead embed what you already own rightfully...Be it vinyl or digital... 😎

I am not so surprized, there exist also a video with one million dollars system on youtube that did not sound natural even through my own audio system....

My audio system is musical, natural more warm than dry, with plenty of details but any timbre is natural sounding and incarnated and not cartoonishly detailed with no flesh on the skeleton...My imaging and soundstage fill all my room... This system in youtube also for sure but the timbre of voices and instument is unnatural...Detailed and thin....Fatiguing to say the least....

Understand me right tough: all the element of these audio systems are vastly superior to mine....BUT they are not rightfully embed at all and that is easy to hear...It seems even some professional dont always know how to embed their system...

Give me the system i will make it sing in a room where i will set an acoustical treatment and acoustical controls, and also my own recipe for mechanical and electrical grid controls at very low cost...

It is very satisfying to be happy with what we have even after a comparison....

I know that some will accuse me of arrogance and pretense....I hesitate to make this post.... I make it nevermind the critic because we must all learn that it is not money that buy audiophile experience but rightful embeddings controls...

Anyway, in the worst case my "illusions" if my experience is an illusion, spare me much money indeed....😷🤓🤗

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gueDCNUAapI
@mahgister -- you're telling us about your system again. Can we confine conversations a bit to the topic? It really does get long...
I think these forums are often just a window for lonely older men to try to connect with others..... 
@mahgister -- you’re telling us about your system again. Can we confine conversations a bit to the topic? It really does get long...
Sorry you dont get my point right, but i dont speak " explicity" about my components, except saying that they are low cost, but about the impact a bad embeddings can have on a very costly system...

Perhaps you dont like my "long" posts but it was never about my system but about the way a bad acoustical room can impact a digital or analog system....I spoke about the way to embed ANY system NOT about my particular system ... Do you understand that? 

The adress in my post was about an interesting youtube example not about my "ordinary" but well embed system...

I think these forums are often just a window for lonely older men to try to connect with others.....
what do you think most forums are? a free advertisement for electronic parts by ordinary dude that boast their amplifier? Or is it an audio engineer only forum here?

No it is a place where anybody can explain freely his experience and ideas mainly about audio for sure... Age has nothing to do with that but for sure i am old and i have time for music ....

My posts said something about exactly why for most people this debate analog/digital has no meaning.... Answer to that.... And dont give me lesson in elliptical rhetoric or about old age...