How old are you?

No age is too young or too old. Just general curiosity about the average age of Audiogon members. 

I’ll start. I’m 39.

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtoro3
57. My dad worked for a vending company when I was a kid and used to bring home used 45s from the juke boxes. I was 6 when I got my first turntable (Fisher Price Close-N-Play, I think) but has ready access to my dads Garrard Model One.  Bought my first system when I was 14 (Zenith Allegro “Wedge”, which my dad still has).  I just transitioned to streaming last year and have never been happier.
"But something touched me deep inside...The day the music died"

I remember reading about this when I was in kindergarten or was it I was in high school when this was a big hit?

August 51 year's ago I was at Woodstock. I was 22 (never saw any nudity though, darn)
Saw the Beatles at Shea Stadium in 1966, couldn't hear a thing over the screaming. I only went because my girlfriend at the time loved them, as did every girl at the time. Later went to the Fillmore East every weekend with my 2 buddies. Saw way more bands than I can list.
First real "system was from Lafayette Radio. LR3500 receiver. 47 of the grittiest harshest watts, but hey it had power!  Criterion speakers.
Garard zero 100 tt Stanton cartridge. I had no concept of staging, image, timbre or tone. Didn't want nuance just wanted LOUD. LOL.