Active monitors, 3k used, great nearfield sound

I currently use Mackie HR 824 MkII's in my computer setup. I'm basically happy with them, but have made some downstream improvements that I think could be better revealed with superior speakers.

I'm seeking quality active monitors that cost roughly 3k used, offer superior nearfield listening, and don't go all that low (I have the Mackies set for 47 Hz because the downstairs neighbors hear too much thump at 37 Hz). I prefer a slightly warm sound and certainly not anything too clinical.

Can anyone offer suggestions?
thedautch
I appreciate all the suggestions, everyone. I'll do some auditioning and make a decision. Thanks for the input.
I own the Focal Twin 6's and love em'. You can get a new pair for a couple hundred more than you're looking to spend. It's nice to have that warranty.
How nearfield are we talking about? Are you going to listen to them at high volumes? I am currently have the beolab 3s as my pc speakers. I am sure you can get them at 3k used on ebay. Its compact form and full range capabilities at low volume performance is the reason why i chose them. The acoustic lenses really help them work as nearfields. You have to hear them to believe how amazingly adapt they are for computer use.
Oh silly me i forgot to mention that the beolab 3s i was referring to are from bang&olufsen.