Anyone listen to Zu Audio's Definition Mk3?

Comparisons with the 1.5s and the others that came before? Getting the itch; again......
128x128warrenh
Fantastic, Mrpaul. Much as I love my 2s, treble was always a conundrum. It appeared to be absent in the traditional hifi style of presentation ie not spotlit at all. Just a wall of highly communicative dynamic tonally rich midrange. Then a percussion instrument or high pitched string would appear to remind me, yes, treble info is there after all, just v. reticent. Bass integration was a real issue too until I invested in the SpatialComputer Black Hole, and now I have less reservations.
It's so reassuring that greater resolution thru the frequency extremes augmented by greater performance of the all-important FRDs are keeping all that is great about the 2s but taking things to a better all-around package.
It's interesting that with me, satisfaction with the Zu sound means that I'm "hearing" the xover in other spkrs, even those at the very high end. Once smitten by the Zu sound it's hard to go back.
These really are going to have to be my final spkr upgrade, and I'm really stoked for a week on Monday!
So, this has nothing to do with Def Mk 3, but I did finally get f3 amp to pair with Zu Druid Mk 4 and would thought I would write it up for others.

I try F3 because I wanted to try SET class A topology and did not want to use tubes. F3 is reasonably priced SS amp with that design. I use my peachtree as DAC and Pre. Druids are high-passed with dual subwoofers.

First, I was worried about low wattage but it is not a problem. Speakers can be driven very loud, and I do not hear mid-range compression I have heard with low W amplification in the past.

Second, once again I see why druids are so revealing. Phil123 is right, amplification choice makes a difference. All of a sudden discover I accidentally had one speaker wired out of phase. Did not notice much difference with peachtree, big difference with F3.

Third, off-axis listening is now fantastic. I mean crazy good. BY off axis, I mean I am sitting at 90 degrees to speaker and cannot even see driver, but it still sounds so much better than I did in past. THis is the big mystery, I have no idea how this is even possible.

Four, at low volume, you get very rich texture and good dynamic range. It is surprising how much you can get even though music is very quiet.

Five, at normal/high volume, the sound is neutral and very clear. Maybe a little hyper-clear. I don't hear any particular emphasis on high or low frequency, nor does attack seem over emphasized or decay too strong. I would not describe it is particularly fast or articular or lean. It is just very clear. It is light like buld that is slightly too bright, or glass prescription 0.25 too strong sometimes. I re-adjust toe-in and this softened presentation a little without losing clarity.

Six, dynamics are excellent, micro and macro.

Seven, tonal texture is excellent.

Eight, sweet spot somehow became much bigger. This was the one thing I wanted to change about my system the most and I am surprised it was done with amp.

So, I am happy camper and have learned something. I may try omen defs later this year, but as sweet spot problem is fixed it is not as high a priority.
I am following this thread with interest because I am also thinking about upgrading to the Definition Mk. IV. In this context I was astonished to read Danny Kaey's review in Positive Feedback of the excellent DarTZeel amp with more than 200 watts which he ran successfully on his Def. IV speakers. On paper this seems like overkill or even a mismatch? Can someone perhaps shed some light on this?
Just because our speakers are very efficient doesn't mean they can't benefit in some ways from additional power. I used to really enjoy running my Soul Superflys with a Redgum RGi120 ENR integrated (Sean Casey is actually borrowing it now) which probably pumped over 155wpc into them.

I also heard a Cherry amp putting 700wpc into a pair of Superflys and was quite surprised by the pairing. The scale and effortlessness of the smaller speakers was remarkable.
Excellent review of the 4s just published on The Audio Beat. Roy Gregory concludes that they are virtually unbeatable value for money at their price point, on a par with performance of some spkrs twice their price. He also feels that they balance a wide ranging set of virtues normally hard to achieve by the majority of spkr manufacturers. His only less than stellar comments refer to a touch of possible harmonic leaness thru the frequency range. Even with this it is not so much a shortcoming of design, but part of the compromises all designers have to balance to achieve the desired end result in sound quality.
So if I am not mistaken, the first in depth pro review of what may prove to be giant killers in the field of spkrs, and likely to set the standard even in the $30000+ category.
And the best news? These are the very pair that are being installed in my loft on Monday! Happy days!