Anyone listen to Zu Audio's Definition Mk3?

Comparisons with the 1.5s and the others that came before? Getting the itch; again......
128x128warrenh
I am in a fair amount of agreement with Agear re power and room issues being essential to get a good sound, after all it is the foundation (power) and enviroment (room acoustics) that the gear is constrained by.
After some expensive forays into power conditioning, I've gone for cheap industrial balanced power and it's transformed my system esp. in the area of dynamics. I'm hoping that when funds permit I'll optimise this with a pro studio 8kV! balanced system to totally isolate the system from nasties.
Unfortunately I'm not able to create a dedicated room, so my improvement to acoustics/enviroment has been to install a SpatialComputer Black Hole anti wave bass attenuator. In my room at least this has smoothed out peaky standing waves and bass nodes esp at 27.1Hz leading to a much flatter in room response. Depending on bass integration of the Def4s in my room, my listening space's cubic volume of 8000 cubic feet suggests poss installing a couple more.
Both these solutions have been so effective that it was a tight call whether I would actrually finally make the upgrade to the Def4s.
Hi Glory,
I`ve said all that I have to say regarding the issue of amp preferemces. If I inferred incorrectly from agear`s posts then that`s my misinterpretation of his tone and or point he was making.It `s very clear people here are happy with a variety of amplifiers,ASR, Quad,Atmasphere,Audion,Ancient Audio etc.driving their Zu speakers.It seems the amp discssion had taken on a life of its own and was becoming redundant.We all have our choices and if that improves one`s system/enjoyment that`s the ultimate goal.I don`t even have Zu speakers but found this thread very interesting to follow.
Regards,
Charles, you can add Hovland gear to the list of that prove that the Zu's are amp friendly. My HP200 tube pre and Radia ss pow have a great synergy with the 2s and I am more confident by the day this will be the case with the 4s.
I'm of the opinion that this overheated discussion of what makes and doesn't make the perfect amp for the Zu's is a little redundant.
Spirit,
You are correct,I was`nt trying to divert the topic of this thread. It was phil`s in depth and captivating description of the DEF IV that caught my eye. He has commented on other components in the past that I happen to know well and his impressions were dead on the mark IMO. So I tend to pay attention when I come across his posts.

His viewpoint on the current direction and sound of(most) 'high end' components is near identical to my own thoughts formed over the past 20 years.
Regards,