Anyone listen to Zu Audio's Definition Mk3?

Comparisons with the 1.5s and the others that came before? Getting the itch; again......
128x128warrenh
Hi Glory, don't believe in conditioning, convinced it can suck the dynamics out of a system (poss. restiction to power amp peak current). Much more convinced by balanced power, aiming for a 9kV unit with enough headroom for any amp out there.
The consensus on ASR seems to be that it is the champ on transparency, soundstaging and dynamics, but leaves many listeners with a cool, detached presentation.
Will be fascinated to investigate this further. 213Cobra no doubt will feel SET amps fill in the emotional quotient in presentation.
Spirit, three tube-o-phile Zu owners converted, and coolness and sterility has not been the consensus. Source (you have a good one) and cabling matter.

The OTL route makes some sense too. In addition to the Dave Berning Z-OTL, Atmasphere is also worth looking at....
Spirit,

They same had been said about the Dart amp or any other SS amp. It you are not willing to hook up the ASR to the right wire/components then stay away from it. But if you have the time and find a used unit you can steal one from a owner who is wanting to try the latest/greatest amp.

A cool and detached presentation is not what I or 6 other owners are hearing. 5 of the owners have tubed Dac's, 3 AMR/2 Lampizator and one SS. The 7th one I have no info on his source. Three of us run Zu Def speakers with the Emitter 1.

Read the PF review of the Emitter when the reviewer found the right hook up wire for the ASR and what he said about it.

There are some who have heard Zu speakers that have said they were left with a HF sound. You and I know different when hooked up to the right gear.

I hear Dad running around the corner with his SET thoughts LOL. Yes they do sound good on Zu speakers. Will wait for your thoughts on amp selection with anticipation.

You are not going to use the stock Footers for your new Def4 are you?

The Purepower is not a PC and doesn't limit dynamics.
My own experience with ASR is a clean, smooth but bleached aural presentation; good without regard to cost but tonally incomplete in any case and not retrievable if your criteria for fidelity include holistic representation of the leading, middle and decay of a note, as well as many simultaneous notes together. ASR produces an illusion of fidelity rather than the actual facsimile of it. Very good. Very expensive for what you get. Not far enough on the arc of convincing musicality. But I fully understand why some people are attracted to the clean, desiccated sound of ASR along with many other advanced but flat solid state options similar.

Phil
Cobra, the ASR's neutrality and low noise is simply highlighting the idiosyncrasies of your system/room