Why is there no love for Prima Luna?

I have noticed fairly negative comments on Prima Luna in various discussions. Granted, I’ve never heard their gear but they seem to offer quite a value proposition. Point to point wiring, auto bias, protection circuits, easy tube rolling, good parts and build quality. I had considered looking into the Evo series integrated but the brand seems to be downplayed on this forum. Anyone have direct experience as to why?
cincyhound
I do pretty well buying American probably 80% of the time. Most of my shop tools are vintage US made...many nos. Where there’s a will there’s a way.

But I bought the Evo 400. It is not as transparent as a Don Sachs Kootenay...which I bought before the Evo 400. But it’s actually close enough...and it sounds more balsy.

Primaluna is voiced to please....like McIntosh.
This means that some are not going to like it.

Running through a good preamp like the Don Sachs model 2...it’s pretty damn good.

Post removed 
First off, I don’t accept the premise of your question. A few negative comments and a bunch of positive ones do not equate to “no love”. There are plenty of quotes about judging success by the enemies you’ve made. It would be hard to argue against PrimaLuna being a successful brand. They are widely available, well reviewed, and have above average resale value. No piece of gear pleases everyone. Anecdotes of mismatched pairings increase with sales volume as uninformed consumers buy what is popular rather than what is suitable. This also happens more as knowledgeable dealers are increasingly taken out of the retail loop. Objecting based on manufacturing origin can be a valid choice, but it is more about politics than either economics or quality. So much of what we consume is made abroad. This is the modern global economy. I’m more concerned with performance, price, and local support. If I’m not confident that there is a low probability that I will need service, and that it will not be a huge hassle to do so, then I don’t care if the factory is across town, cross country, or over seas.

The amp I have has been a solid performer and a great intro into tubes both because of the auto bias and the wide variety of usable tubes. I think it’s a keeper no matter where I go from here.
And I expected no less.
Post removed 
I had a Primluna EVO 300. Later on, I auditioned a Line Magnetic LM805ia with NOS tubes. Pfft! Fuggedaboutit!! Sound wise: Not that Primaluma sounded bad, but definitely Line Magnetic FTW. Warranty and support wise (and if you want all around great people to “Deal” with) then maybe Prima Luna/Upscale Audio.