Audiophile demographics?

Why are there a disproportional number of male audiophiles?
Not sure if this is a silly question, but speaking for myself, I have never met a female audiophile.
I am sure they exist, but their scarcity begs the question as to why.
Is it merely that men have more of the "mine is bigger than yours" mentality, do men love gadgets and tools or is it something more sinister?
128x128tony1954
IQ measures the ability to recognize patterns. That helps with solving problems.

That can certainly contribute to one’s career success, but it is only component, and may be the smallest part.

Some think of this as book smart. But that’s not right. Some bookworms may not have a high IQ,but very high determination, which is another contributor to success. Psychologists call it grit, and it may be the biggest contributor.
Also, EQ, emotional intelligence is a significant part of success as well. That measures maturity and how to navigate situations socially, kind of like “how to win friends and influence people”.

Get someone with high scores in all 3 and I would bet they will achieve their goals.it could be fame, fortune, or whatever their definition of happiness is.
Are you sure about that? Have you tried hanging out with those above 120 and below 80?
I said means "little" not means nothing....

No need for IQ test at all to feel and know these large differences....i advised students about reading in all fields for 35 years.... :)

But true intelligence in life is not IQ related....It is consciousness related....

What is IQ ? Pattern solving, thats almost all it is.... Then do you think the A.I. that just solved the protein folding problem is intelligent? Wolfram think that but perhaps his IQ is not all there is about intelligence...And no need to test to see that his score exceed 140.... :)

Beware, any machine can now discuss with us, hiding his indefinite memory to us, without being recognized on the spot....🐵

True intelligence for me is linked to the capacity to feel and perceive the living interconnectedness of all that exist.... Spiritual and moral experiences has nothing to do with IQ....

We live on 2 plane simultaneously, machine dont.....Consciousness for me is the working relation between 2 simultaneously living planes of experience...Think about your dreams for example or about your innate moral imagination....

«For sure the one who said "I" is another one» -Mark Twain reading Rimbaud

« 2 planes of existence? Yes, the time perceived and the imperceptible one...»- Myself reading Dostoievsky "the dream of a ridiculous man" one of the cleverest book ever written....

« Your brain know milliseconds in advance what your conscious I will do next»- Benjamin Libet neurologist after his well known experiment...

My citation of Libet is a riddle....😊

...I see I haven't missed much while 'away'....*G*

Next topic:  The color of the sky; is it 'blue' enough for you?
🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️
This is not what his experiments showed or at least a distorted interpretation.  More accurate would be there is brain activity before we are able to communicate an intention. If that is a "discovery", I hate to see the rest of the work.

« Your brain know milliseconds in advance what your conscious I will do next»- Benjamin Libet neurologist after his well known experiment...

https://wmpeople.wm.edu/asset/index/cvance/libet
More accurate would be there is brain activity before we are able to communicate an intention.
Your formulation is more accurately formulated indeed.... :)

Libet himself would say it your way....

Sometimes it is difficult to resume a controversy in 6 words.... But most people after his experiment interpret it like a proof of the non existence of free will....Not Libet himself for sure....I wrote the distorted intrerpretation to illustrate my riddle about consciousness and the general opinion about Libet at the time....

:)

But my riddle takes the sea anyway.....

« Dont you know that you are a robot? For sure but i am also the programmer... »-Groucho Marx