B&W 801D or 802Ds

Basically, I would like your impressions of both of these speakers. I have gone out and heard them, but not side by side, and either one would be a most excellent choice. However, I would like to know from owners of these speakers what are the strengths and weaknesses of the 2.

I do prefer the big woofers of the 801D, but the 802D might have tighter bass. Also, I've looked for the 801Ds and I haven't found them anywhere on the used market. Not even here on Audiogon this summer.

Thanks for your time. Looking forward to the discussion.
dave_72
I would think your room size would be a major factor; I sold earlier generations of 801s and they like a large room.
The 801Ds, as i recall, are even tougher to drive. So if 802D has tighter bass, you might need to go back and consider which amp was driving the 801s. And of course, you need to ensure that at home, you have such power (both current and wattage).

Assuming you do, my recollection is i preferred the 801s...but not like i could not be happy with 802s in the right system. The right system here will do better than the wrong system with the "better" speaker. Two good speakers there, so enjoy! good luck and pls keep us posted.
The 801D sound much better than the 802D. One woofer is better than two. The sound is more coherent. One of my good customers upgraded to the 801D from the 802D and it is a dramatic upgrade. The 802D was overly warm and the bass is muddy by comparison to the 801D. That two woofer thing in per channel does not work so well. I have also experienced this with other speakers like the Usher BE 10 with one woofer sounds better than the BE20 with 2 woofers, and also with the Avalon Acoustics, they do not even know it but their best & most realistic sound is the Eidolon Diamonds, All the others with multiple woofers do not sound as good as the Eidolon Diamonds.
Post removed 
Hmm...sounds like the 801Ds are the better choice. I agree that they're harder to drive, and that would require more power than what I've got on hand (300W into 8 Ohms, 500 into 4 Ohms) I'll either go with Bryston, Pass Labs, or something else altogether. But, that shouldn't be a problem, really. As far as the 800Ds, I entertained them, but they're too pricey for me new. Anyone know if there's any old stock of the 801Ds floating around?