Bluesound Vault Combined with Node 2

I have a bluesound node 2 connected to my high-end stereo system (Krell amp, Thiel speakers) in my living room. I am getting the Vault 2i to replace it, plus house all my CDs (over 1000). I have a second stereo system in my bedroom (Nad amp, Polk speakers) which I use with a grace digital Internet radio. Would there be any advantage for me to replace the grace Internet radio with the node 2? Can the node 2 and the vault “talk” to each other so that I can play my burned CDs from the vault in my bedroom? Any other suggestions of what I can do with both devices would be gratefully appreciated.

llarry
I suggest rip on your computer for ease of tagging and editing. Put the files on portable SSD’s. You can pick up the 2T for ~$200. Plug them into a streamer that shows up on your computer like my Synology does (BlueSound doesn’t) and transfer that way.
Sounds better than the Synology. And indexes new tracks much faster too.
Electric bill goes down 16 watts retiring the Synology.
As far as WiFi, if you don't want to go Node just plug it into a $30 extender.
But don't bother with the BluSound WiFi.
They drop connection way too much already wired.

I really do appreciate your insights and comments, however, you gentlemen are getting a bit too complicated for my old retired brain. For me, the Vault is a one and done solution to house all my music and streaming audio while I lie on my couch with an old iPhone as my remote and access anything any way I like. A true miracle! Meanwhile, I hear what you’re saying about integrating more than one bluesound device, and since 90% of my listing is in my living room I certainly don’t need to complicate things by adding the node 2 to my bedroom. So thanks for that input. BTW, I am getting good DAC to put the Vault through, hoping it will sound as good as my old Theta Miles CD player. 

Hi, llarry,
I use a Bluesound Node 2 via Wi-Fi for a small system in the bedroom as well as a Node 2i in my main stereo system using an Ethernet connection. I stream digital files from a NAS drive and really enjoy having access to all my ripped CDs and Hi-Res downloads. But I don't have experience streaming from a Vault. Having the Vault 2i connected via Ethernet should help.

The Wi-Fi capabilities were pretty bad with BluOS for a while but got much better in the past 6 months, at least in my experience. Far fewer drop-outs, even with a "FAIR" Wi-Fi connection to the Node 2. But again, that's streaming from a NAS drive, not a Vault. Try it though and you might find that it works just fine.
Tom
This weekend, I installed the Vault and loaded a bunch of my CDs. I can tell already this will totally transform my listening experience for the better. Since I’ve gotten old (and lazy) I’ve been mostly listing to streaming Internet music rather than spend the energy and time loading and unloading CDs. All of my music will now be at my fingertips. Very excited about this! And, I also moved the Node 2 to my bedroom stereo as a test. It works great! And, over wifi. I find no need to get a wired connection to it. (Note that I use a Mesh network with 3 nodes around my house, so maybe that accounts for the better wifi connection.) As far as Mahler123’s comment re the updates, I guess I’ll experience that when it happens… The Node 2 also integrates and syncs perfectly with the Vault. It’s extremely easy to switch between them. To have access to all my CDs in my bedroom as well as any streaming audio app is a huge plus. So, Tom, it does, indeed, work fine!

A note on the Vault’s quality of sound: It clearly beats my Onkyo 6 CD changer but falls a bit short of my superb Theta Miles. I did purchase a good DAC (Chord Electronics Qutest) for the Vault but they sent me the wrong cable so I can’t test it yet. I’ll post my results when I get the DAC to work.