Thinking about getting a R2R DAC

Dear community,

I currently have a chord qutest DAC. I like it a lot, very full sound, accurate detailed and exciting.  However, whenever I go back to vinyl (with a well-recorded nice pressing) I find the sound so much more satisfying.  There is a warmth, yes, but there is a presence, a 'there-ness' that I just don't get with the digital.  I'm wondering if an R2R DAC would get me closer to that?  my budget would be around the same as the qutest.  I was looking at the MHDT Orchid or the Border Patrol.  Don't get me wrong, I really like the Qutest.  I am thinking of putting it in the upstairs system to pair with the Node2i I have up there.  Any thoughts?  Will analog always just be a different animal than digital?

Currently in the main system I have a Sonore uRendu feeding the Qutest which is going to a LTA MZ2 going to a Pass XA 30.5

thanks!
adam8179
Dannad? You again? Oh boy! You will never let it go, would you 😂😂. Welcome back! 
I have noticed that older audiophiles seem more attracted to NOS DACs.  I suspect the artifacts compensate for loss of high frequencies that can give a sense of space to recordings. It bears out in the subjective opinions given.

Remember not about accuracy but what you like.

NOS DACs are not accurate. They used to have wicked phase issues due to the analog filters now they just have wicked aliased harmonics.
I'd just like to point out that this is hopelessly inaccurate. The OOB (out of band) signals from a NOS DAC aren't 'aliased' rather they are images. Nor are they 'harmonics' rather their frequencies are related to the difference between the sample rate and the reproduced frequency. So for example with a 10kHz signal, the OOB component (image) will be at 34.1kHz (with RBCD : 44.1k - 10k).
What do you think aliasing is? Please don"t tell other people they are hopelessly inaccurate when you don’t know the subject matter.

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/5495907

More your level see paragraph 2.

https://sonobat.com/understanding-aliasing/