Questions about recording vimyl to computer?

I have watched some videos about the necessary hardware & software. And I have manipulated digital files such as conversion Flac to Alac (for Ipod) & download,  etc.  I have a lot of Flac & Alac  files already. So, I have plenty of computer & vinyl experience. Transferred many to cassette too. But none to digital.
I know I need Audacity and supposedly it is free.

I have a very good TT, Cart and phono pre. I have a laptop Win 7
Do I need a USB Audio Interface? Or can I go with my JLTi preamp to the 1/8 input jack on computer? Which will give best sound quality? Or does that matter to the 1's & 0's?

This USB Audio Interface has a phono preamp too, which quality may be sorely lacking. And considering I have a LOMC cart, maybe inappropriate for the job. Any suggestions? Didn't know whether to post in vinyl or digital.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UFO202--behringer-u-phono-ufo202-usb-audio-interface-with-ph...

128x128artemus_5
Yes the digitizing is time consuming, but to my ears, well worth it. I now have ca 400 album vinyl rips on double DSD through the Tascam DA-3000. I can play them back very conveniently through my new Teac NT-505 streamer/dac, over my home (ethernet) network. Sound is very good. Almost as good as the direct analog playback itself, and for less bother and cost in cart replacements, tubes etc. So in my case, it is well worth it.Most of my analog recordings are better than Tidal masters - to my ears. Lesser formats need not apply.
Almarg made a good point in the beginning of this thread. Make sure that the ADC is good enough, before starting to invest much time on recording from analog. This is like the source of the Nile, so to speak, when recording from analog sources like LPs. In my case, the Tascam DA-3000 ADC is quite good from what I hear (and read) allthough not the best. The "secret anxiety" of anyone using time on this is, is that maybe in some years, my recordings won't be good enough;I should have changed the ADC, or some part of my analog chain, like the cartridge. So it is a bit of a risky gamble. Ten years ago I recorded with the Korg MR-1. I don't listen much to these recordings today, since the DA-3000 recordings, going from single to double DSD (plus balaned connections, a better cartridge, etc), are clearly better. So I think it is a good idea, first, to ensure that the analog chain is fairly well made up and settled - don't record if you have a new and better cart or phono preamp coming soon. And that you are satisfied with the ADC. The conversion back from digital - the best DAC - is something you can come back to that later. In that respect, your recordings are (like what was said of DSD) "future proof". 
Or, for something completely different, skip the computer, and look at a Sugarcube from Sweetvinyl.  I have been a beta tester of the SC-2, now an SC-2+, and I am making pristine needle drops in hi-res for my server and portable file player. Easy-peezy.  www.sweetvinyl.com 
Thanks bondmanp. I also skip the computer, so far (using a Teac NT-505), though who knows, in the future. The Sugarcube looks nice but does not seem to be able to handle dsd -? I know that pcm top level is nice, but still not the best format. I am a strong believer in investing in the best recording format, before going into recording. including "vinyl rips". Plan ahead. You dont want to re-record your vinyl collection some years later, because you started out with too low level digitizing. 
@o_holter I won't live enough to re-digitize my vinyl!  I can't argue with you, higher res is always better, but I am thrilled with my 96/24 needle drops.  The Sugarcube tops out at 192/24, but my older DAC maxes out at 96/24 (I know, I deserve a trip to the punishment room).  Prior to the Sugarcube, I was using a Marantz pro-sumer CD recorder with Red Book resolution.  Not great, but I got fairly good results, to my ears.