Amp repair cost — is this right?

I recently sent my Musical Fidelity a308cr power amp off to be recapped. This amp is somewhere around 16-18 years old and one of the power caps failed. I contacted Musical Fidelity and sent it to a repair shop they recommended. Today I received an estimate to replace 18 caps, 8 of which are large power caps, resolder the boards, and re-bias the transistors. Basically a full overhaul. The quote I received, including return shipping (prob around $100) Is over $1,300 which possibly exceeds the value of the amp. That doesn’t include the $115 it cost me to ship it out. Having never had an overhaul done on a power amp like this, I’m wondering if anyone with experience can tell me if this sounds right. I guess I was expecting something more like $600-$800 but I don’t know why since I really don’t have a frame of reference. Perhaps it was the assumption it might be 4 hours labor (say $400) plus max $200 for caps. Is $1,300+ on track? Either way I’m going to be out the shipping cost plus a $160 fee paid for the estimate.
jnehma1
Great to hear the good response from Bill Thalmann at Music Technology !  He did great work for me at reasonable cost. I'm going to give him a call today to say hi, let him know the great feedback he has, and discuss possibilities in some of my gear. Cheers :)
@ptss The tech I spoke to was Corey, not Bill, but yes he was very helpful and patient on the phone. Regardless of the cost questions surrounding my particular situation, it was an interaction that would make me feel good about doing business with them.
@teo-audio. Your comments are appreciated as genuine and realistic. We all realize Rolex watches are make with some expensive parts and gold - but don't keep better time than, -- dare I say Timex ? :)  And those Rolex also state they require cleaning and tune up but do not provide better timekeeping - which is the goal of timepieces. No? So too with some expensive parts in some expensive audio equipment, they impress with high cost and cachet - but don't necessarily make said equipment "sound" better.
Spectral Audio has kept costs reasonable but avoiding "jewelry" type finish. I'm not dissing the gold plated audio equipment. It may look very pretty to some, and many people makes purchases to look impressive- to each their (careful not to discriminate here :) own ...
@jnehma1.  Why not forward your gear to Teo Audio ? As a result of this conversation you're sure to get good service - and we will look forward to hearing about it :)